• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hobby Boss 1/32 Il2

Paulw

To keep going on something until the new P-47 arrives I thought I would get this going . It isn't a complicated kit and I could use a non complicated kit this time out.

I got on with the pit and engine but since I am not showing the engine I will dispense with the painting.
The interior calls for "dark compass ghost gray" and since I didn't have that I just went for dark sea gray. some guys have it sort of a bluish gray but as you know I am not some of those guys. I choose to march to the beat of a different balalaika.

The IP decal is quite big and after two days of liberal soakings of Micro sol and Solvaset I fianally got it to settle in.

Ill have to touch up some things in the pit before I get it in the fuse.

And as I said earlier not much is done to the engine. It is just to hold the exhaust stacks on.

Which is kind of a shame as it does lend itself do some nice detail.

Nice cockpit Paul but who made the decals ? That sound horrific . Glad you got them to lay down.

If you have access to the MrSofter decal solution, try it. Seems to be better than anything else right now.

Cheers, Christian B)

Hey Paul, excellent Job! I am going to "use" you as a reference in my build, if you don't mind!

Looking Forward to your Progress.

Cheers

Alex

Nice cockpit Paul but who made the decals ? That sound horrific . Glad you got them to lay down.

If you have access to the MrSofter decal solution, try it. Seems to be better than anything else right now.

Cheers, Christian B)

I think they are Trumpy decals, Chris. I had some Mr Softer and the other stuff but it didn't work out well for me, maybe it was a bad batch.

h76082c5.png

Cheers, Christian B)

I think they are Trumpy decals, Chris. I had some Mr Softer and the other stuff but it didn't work out well for me, maybe it was a bad batch.

Yiiikes ! Makes me wonder what makers are using to make decals now days :unsure:

Cheers

I got the wangs on this ole girl, sewed the fuse shut, wind screen on and the rest of the clear stuff masked.

But not with out some wing issues. I so loathe three sectioned wing assemblies because of the great possibilities of wing gaps. This one I filled in with CA.

This one I guess Ill use some plasti-card.

Other that those two sections every thing seems OK, for now. Later

Good luck Paul. Why would they do this in 3 sections?

Here's a maybe from me.

The IL-2 had many different configuration during it's service life .

From wooden wings to metal wings to cranked wings ( as opposed to straight )

The fuselage also went through wooden and metal . It's complicated, once you study this bird.

Maybe they are hopping to produce other versions...

Cheers, Christian B)

Back