• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

He 280 V2

Old Dog

This was intended to be a quick easy build to keep my juices flowing while I worked on a couple other more tedious builds. The build itself was easy enough but the decals in my kit were crap. I got the crosses on OK but the radio codes all disintegrated so I ended up cutting stencils for the codes. In the process of masking for those I managed to damage the crosses so those were replaced with some from a Techmod sheet. I had already substituted a swastika from a generic sheet so I wouldn't need to assemble the one on the kit sheet. I ended up making a decals for the Heinkel name, the only kit decal used was the V2. More time was spent on the markings than the rest of the build. Photos showed little wear and tear on these prototypes and I suspect they were hangered when not being flown. I went light on the weathering and the lights for the photos washed most of it out.

280-b03.jpg

280-b04.jpg

280-b05.jpg

280-b06.jpg

280-b07.jpg

280-b08.jpg

Thanks for looking !

Very nice, Gary. I didn't use anything but the V3 marking, nothing else from the decals. I painted the codes and used spares decals for the nationality markings. Not a bad kit, actually.

Beauty Gary!

Do my eyes deceive me or does it look like the main landing gear are too small for the wheel wells??

:hmmm

Thanks guys, 1/48 Eduard, Warren there are doors that are molded shut that would open when the gear retracted.

Back