• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

German officer Berlin '45

reconron

Io_7.jpg

I am going to do this 'old school' ,so my officer is going to be painted with enamels and oils.
You can learn a lot from 'old'mastersFrancois Verlinden and 'our' Bob Letterman in this book.

For the ones who likes to PAINT HORSES;chapter VII is about that![I know several people around here on MA like to ]

I got to say that I haven't painted figures for YEARS!:eek:hmy:
May be this is going to be a faillure....I don't know...just like to try how this turns out.:hmmm

Great! We have many excellent figure painters here who will be willing to give all the advice you'd like. Looking forward to this Ron

Why does that man have a potted plant growing out of his head ? :S

Seriously good idea Ron :)

I like nice figures

Hi everybody,

a tiny bit further with the figure;

After I glued the parts together it got a primercoat from a tamiya spraycan.
The hands[gloves] with the flarepistol are a seperate piece and don't fit very well.
I used putty on the parts,but here in the photo's I see I have to use more!...[my freaking eyes!]:(

DUITS_OFFICIER_21.jpg

DUITS_OFFICIER_2.jpg

After the Tamiya primer I gave the head a enamel base-coat.
This will be followed by oils.[maybe I
give the MIG oilpaints a try]

DUITS_OFFICIER_3.jpg

DUITS_OFFICIER_4.jpg

More to come.....
Greetings,Ron.

Photos ALWAYS show the flaws that you don't see in person! Looks good so far, looking forward to following this one!! (y)

Looking good Ron (y) (y) (y)

Can I ask though are the MIG oils used for painting such as this,.. I always stupidly assumed that they were for armour weathering ?

makes sense though as youll be using quite thin coats of oils.

Can I ask though are the MIG oils used for painting such as this,.. I always stupidly assumed that they were for armour weathering ?

In the past I have used;REMBRANDT and VAN GOGH oil colour by Talens,readyly available here in the NL.
I didn't do a figure in ages and I like to try the 502 ABTEILUNG [MIG oils] because I was told they are rich in pigments.

So let's see how this turns out....if this turns out too bad,I will return to my Dutch oils.:unsure:

Greetings,Ron.

heres a very quick tip for spraying primer from a can after giving it a good shake immerse the can in very warm water for about 5mins shake it up again and then spray its gives a very good coverage without the orange peel effect

Sorry for hijacking, Ron,..please carry on :D

heres a very quick tip for spraying primer from a can after giving it a good shake immerse the can in very warm water for about 5mins shake it up again and then spray its gives a very good coverage without the orange peel effect

Sorry for hijacking, Ron,..please carry on :D

That's a good advice Andy!.....I DID KNOW ABOUT THAT BUT STUPID ME FORGOT!!:bang head

My figure shows a bit orange peel effect in the photo's,...it isn't that bad when you look at the figure
in real,without the blown up picture.

But seriously,it is a GOOD advice!(y)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdQd8VYKcCk&feature=player_detailpage

Don't worry about hijacking this Andy,we can learn from this!
As you see sometimes I go off topic and hijack my own stuff...:silly:

Greetings,Ron.

So let's see how this turns out....if this turns out too bad,I will return to my Dutch oils.:unsure:

Greetings,Ron.

Nothing wrong with the dutch oils Ron, alot of masters and famous painters have used them :D (y)
I think it will be a great looking figure when you are done with it!
//Mats

Huh...what?

:D

You know if Van Gogh would have got glasses....he would have think twice about cutting off
his ear!:D

Some people say Paul Gaugin cut off Van Goghs ear....I don't wanna HEAR about it!:D

Greetings,Ron.

Mike you must think 'he is losing his mind'... :laugh:
I was talking about Vincent van Gogh,a Dutch painter,who cut off his ear.[some people say Gaugin cutt
off Van Gogh's ear with a sword in a fight].
I was just joking after Andy's reply...[I used Van Gogh oils by Talens in the past].

Boy o boy,painting faces and being astigmatic in one eye isn't a piece of cake. :(
Pictures will follow if I can find time for it.... :nothingtoad

Greetings,Ron.

[quote="-" post=65378]
Io_7.jpg

I am going to do this 'old school' ,so my officer is going to be painted with enamels and oils.
You can learn a lot from 'old'mastersFrancois Verlinden and 'our' Bob Letterman in this book.

For the ones who likes to PAINT HORSES;chapter VII is about that![I know several people around here on MA like to ]

May be this is going to be a faillure....I don't know...just like to try how this turns out.:hmmm[/quote]

Ron, actually, I only wrote the text and captions for that book. That was back in the day when Francios and I were close friends. He had his "System" and that was what the book was based on. I used the "Chicago" system and I used to tease him as I thought my way of painting figures was superior.

One day I conned him into painting a figure using my system. He did and it was awesome! Seriously, I loved it and told him he should always paint figures like that! He looked at me, smiled and dropped it into his trash can! We had a laugh and continued our own way of painting. True story!

His system created so many new figure painters because it was something that most people could follow! Those were some great times!

BTW, Ron, I have had an astigmatism in both eyes since birth!:) Hang in there!

Bob

Io_7.jpg

May be this is going to be a faillure....I don't know...just like to try how this turns out.:hmmm

Ron, actually, I only wrote the text and captions for that book. That was back in the day when Francios and I were close friends. He had his "System" and that was what the book was based on. I used the "Chicago" system and I used to tease him as I thought my way of painting figures was superior.

One day I conned him into painting a figure using my system. He did and it was awesome! Seriously, I loved it and told him he should always paint figures like that! He looked at me, smiled and dropped it into his trash can! We had a laugh and continued our own way of painting. True story!

His system created so many new figure painters because it was something that most people could follow! Those were some great times!

BTW, Ron, I have had an astigmatism in both eyes since birth!:) Hang in there!

Bob

You are astigmatic in both eyes?....And then have such GREAT results?!...WOW!!! (y)
I almost had give up,but this sure gives Dutchy some hope![even when I am NOT a top figurepainter]

Greetings,Ron.

Back