• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-4C - Update 19 August

ij001

Over at Kiwi Modeller there's been a lot of talk about F-4 kits over the last week or so, enough for one of the guys to suggest an 'open ended' Phantom Group Build. As I have a sizeable number of them in all major scales (except 1:144) and I haven't built one in ages, I've thrown my hat in the ring.

This is my first one:

ha1000eb.jpg

The Hasegawa re-tool of their initial F-4C/D kit in 1:48 - of course because I'm a wee bit 'odd', I'll be carving all the lumps'n bumps pertaining to the late model 'D' to take it back to a vanilla 'C'. Not going to use any resin, etch or other aftermarket goodies except for decals and a single late 'winder from the Hasegawa weapons set, (I'm even going to put the pilot figures in... Just as Hasegawa intended.

Hopefully at the other end of the bench it will come-out looking something like this one:

had00b43.jpg

And the adventure begins once again. Wish me luck. :drinks

Ian.

F-4C - As Hasegawa intended !!

Hi Ian

Most definitely good luck to you! I will be looking Forward to your modifications... :popcorn :popcorn

looks neat man. Kiwi modeler? They take blokes from the US there....or are we allowed only as lurkers? :hmmm

I'll be watching this. I've got a J sitting in the stash (Eduard Rockin' Rhino) for a future date.

looks neat man. Kiwi modeler? They take blokes from the US there....or are we allowed only as lurkers? :hmmm

Everybody is welcome, just like MA but 12hrs into the future !!

Ian.

Seats and pilots together:

h175c838.JPG

Because both were moulded leaning forward quite substantially, I cut a couple of strips of Tamiya tape to simulate the straps. I then sprayed them Tamiya acrylic 'Field Grey' which is pretty close to an 1980's flight suit - well it's pretty bl**dy close to my flight suit and that's good enough.

hf244c22.JPG

hf93a4f8.JPG

Also had time to spray the insides Tamiya 'Neutral Grey' and just placed the crew to test the fit. All looks fine to me. Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment, more next week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Ian.

Back