• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Easy Yak-3

Adam

Hi guys. I'm gonna enter this Hobby Boss "Easy Assembly" Yak-3. When they say easy assembly they mean it! 23 pieces in all and less than 2 hours to the painting stage. I didn't bother with any cockpit photos because there practically is no cockpit and no detail to speak of. I did add some simple masking tape seatbelts to make it look like something was there under the canopy. Woohoo paint soon!

Yak31.jpg

Yak32-1.jpg

Yak33-1.jpg

These are really nice kits. My daughter built the 109.

Terry B)

Heh heh, well Hobby Boss leaves a lot to be desired with their instructions. There were no color call outs for the interior or the wheel wells, so I SWAGed the interior. Then I painted the camo per their instructions last night. Wondering what color the wheel wells should be I went online and lo and behold found this review:

Hobby Boss Yak-3

So, my interior color is wrong, the camo is wrong, and I'm not messing with the pitot tube. However, the wheels wells and landing gear will be the proper color! Oh well, the green and blue camo looks cool even if it isn't all that accurate. I'll get some piccies up tonight.

And can someone please tell me how to properly post a link on this site?

you had the closing tag backwards. should have been [/url], not [url/]

to answer the question, tell me and i'll fix it for ya! :mpup

Thanks MP! I still don't actually know how to use the whole tool bar thing above where you type your posts. Shouldn't I just be able to click the link button and the link code appear in my post, then copy the link between it?

Anyhoo, here's the camo plus future and ready for decals. I realized after I took the pictures that I didn't paint the yellow stripe on the tail, but no biggie, I'll get that sorted and get the decals on soon.

Yak3-4.jpg

Yak3-5.jpg

Thanks for looking and keep on modeling! :)

Should be able to, but i don't know what you did. If the tool bar buttons messed ya up I need to figure out if it's doing it all the time. I use it from time to time, generally i just type the code and figured that's what you did.

Woohoo!! :gogo I got the bloody little thing finished up last night. :ro:

Yak3-6.jpg

Yak3-7.jpg

Yak3-8.jpg

Yak3-9.jpg

Yak3-10.jpg

Yak3-11.jpg

Thanks for letting me join your GB guys. I'm happy to finally be a part of something on MA!

Thanks for looking and keep on modeling! :)

Back