• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dewoitine D.520

Jeeves

Well...going a little GB crazy, but I have yet to add anything French to my collection so I figured it was about time. This is the Tamiya offering...and I would like to try one of the more colorful schemes for her if I can find appropriate decals. My apologies to Bob...but my regular camera needs charging and this gallery here and my iPod don't seem to play nice, so...

8bf35ea5.jpg

dbb4d403.jpg

44c47948.jpg

Well...between the other three builds here and two contest entries at SMA, I just hope I don't add a prop to the butt of my MA. K suit ;)

Finally got something to show off! The True Details resin set has been interesting...really like the seat and instrument panel...but with the dark color of the cockpit interior (thanks again for the help Saul!)- I am finding it hard to pick out any detail on my sidewalls. The trim wheel that TD provided, despite my best efforts and care, broke easily...so I haven't decided if I'll try and salvage it or scracth something out for it...

Models_005.jpg

Hope to close things up tonight...

Did you get the decals you wanted? I have some spare left over...

PM me if interested. Perhaps trade for the leftover parts? :D

Regards,

Finally got something to show off! The True Details resin set has been interesting...really like the seat and instrument panel...but with the dark color of the cockpit interior (thanks again for the help Saul!)- I am finding it hard to pick out any detail on my sidewalls. The trim wheel that TD provided, despite my best efforts and care, broke easily...so I haven't decided if I'll try and salvage it or scracth something out for it...

Models_005.jpg

Hope to close things up tonight...

Fine start Mike.

:popcorn

Thanks to a generous supply of Mr. Surfacer 500, I have all seams created by using the resin sidewalls filled in for the most part...but as you can see above the cockpit, the end s right above the seat need to be realigned a scooch...
08-17-11_015.jpg

08-17-11_014.jpg

Well-- not sure the paint colors ended up being what they should have...the Sienna I bought might be a bit too red...tried dulling it down with some mist coats of Buff...it helped but still...I did want a more colorful scheme ;)

100_6942.JPG

100_6941.JPG

100_6940.JPG

As you can see by the last pic, my decals crapped out on me...gonna need to match the color and touch up with paint...

C'est finis!! Je t'aime la Tamiya!! Merci and il y a plus des photos en l' autre section ;) My French is rusty...more pics in the completed section...

100_6943.JPG

Back