• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon Kingtiger-Completed 1/15

Tojo72

Here is a build that I am working on know.The kit had lots of extras,the seller even threw in some Lion Roar fenders for free that I will try out.Still got the kit fenders if that doesn't work.
Right know in the process of cleaning up some ejector marks on the spare treads that someone kindly pointed out to me,and assembling road wheels.

Last edited:
Though I am often not much on Dragon kits, I must say that molded in zimmerit is awful dad gum nice

Wow that is just gorgeous model! I am normally NOT a fan of Dragon, but that Zim-texture on ths Konigs-Tiger makes this bad boy exceptionally neat~!

Here is my process for Magic Tracks,no jigs or specialized tools.First I lay out one entire side minus 2 links,the King Tiger tracks didn't need any cement,they stuck together pretty good.I use two straight edges to straighten and flatten them.Once they are laid out I apply the cement,Tamiya Extra Thin.I allow to dry for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes I install the run around the running gear.The drive sprocket and idler wheels are not glued,the road wheels are.I allow it dry overnight.

Next day I remove the dried run,I painted them with Tamiya Dark Iron for my base coat,next I will weather them and reinstall them,finally closing it at the bottom and touching up.

Last edited:
Finished it up yesterday.Pretty happy with outcome, photography could be better.I used Mission model paints and Tamiya.Weathered with oils and,Mig and AK washes and pigments.Thanks for following along

Back