• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Clevis link

Paulw

Can any one here help me source 1/32 clevises. I want to use it for the push / pull connectors on my Swordfish.

:nopics:

Without showing what to look for, hard to help! Is it something like this? Combined turnbuckle with clevis on each side. STL files available to print.
1725986376224.png

What is the Greek company that is making all the WWI machine guns and cable links for WWI kits. Can't remember the name off the top of my head.

Closest I can come up with is the turnbuckles we use on the WW1 birds. Who was it doing the 3d print stuff?

The swordfish didnt use turn buckles like the 1st WW aircraft as such
I think what he means is the std cable clevis pin connector used on motorcycles like this

C90-080_10.jpg

If anyone makes these in 1/32 i would have a use for them as well.
your best chance i would think would be to use parts from a motorcycle chain link set or some sort of 1/35 track link ?

Last edited:
But they don't have an opened ended turnbuckle that the turnbuckle rod connects to.
I am not sure but the top end (marked turnbuckle rod) may be open for the modeler to insert the rigging wire. The metal tab is attached to the wing spar or fuselage frame.

1726151896143.png

I need these for the control horns of the control surfaces. I have various steel wire and guitar strings that I plan to use for control wires from the out side of the fuse to the rudder and elevator faces. Since I drilled the openings in the fuse and other openings in the control horns. Im checking this out fully.

Fairey Swordfish HS469 RCN Halifax 2016 55 GraemeMolineux.jpg
Fairey Swordfish HS469 RCN Halifax 2016 62 GraemeMolineux.jpg
Fairey Swordfish HS469 RCN Halifax 2016 67 GraemeMolineux.jpg
Fairey Swordfish HS469 RCN Halifax 2016 72 GraemeMolineux.jpg

Just my opinion but the control horn clevis links are so small as in the last 2 pics that they would be near invisible in 1/32 and a cable to horn would be fine.

Back