• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BTR 70

The Zod

Gaso.Line kit 1/48
btr1.jpg

btr2.jpg

btr3.jpg

btr4.jpg

btr5.jpg

Thanks gents. This is going to be a love/hate kit. For the most part,the molded on detail is great. The molded on tow cable has little detail. But then most 1/48 tow cables have bad deatil. I think I may have some 0.4mm cable I can use.The molded on saw is way too thick. I will have to get a PE set of Russian tank tools from hauler to replace the saw.
btr9.jpg

Got some parts glued on.
btr8.jpg

btr7.jpg

It came with a 2mm wide metal axle for the wheels. I thought I would cut it into four equal lengths.
btr6.jpg

It was 15mm or so long. There is not enough metal rod for all four axles. :bang head
So now I hope I can find some 2mm rod before I go back on the road on Monday. I am not sure if a metal coat hanger will be wide enough for what I need.

Each axle is probably 2.25 cm or 225mm. Your 15cm rod will give you 6 pieces. The actual vehicle is 280cm wide (2.8m)which equals 2.297cm in 1/48. Hope that helps
James

Found me an old metacl coat hanger,and cut it into four 56mm lenghts. I had to drill the holes in the road wheels a bit larger. Sadly,I do not have a replacement saw. So i gotta order one,and I won't be home for another four weeks or so.
btr11.jpg

btr12.jpg

I decided to finish building this sucker today,as I have a day off. Those grab handles were loads of fun. :pinch:
btr13.jpg

btr14.jpg

btr15.jpg

The suspension does not all sit level, This is what I hate about resin kits. Superglue dries too fast. I think what I will do is make a base that has uneven terrain. :bang head
btr16.jpg

Back