• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Blitzkrieg now open for discussion!

what will i build? what will i build? what will i build? what will i build? what will i build?

a panzer 38(t) for sure! a g version with royal pe treatment!
a panzer 4 but what version?
a panzer 1 a but what kit? tristar or dml?
maybe an armoured car? but what version? 8rad or 6rad?
maybe (only VERY maybe) the neubaufahrzeug?

so many choices! :cheer:

Well because of Lauras Pz II build and a recent article in Military Modeler I just ordered a Tamiya Pz II. Fortuitous hey??

James

Whats a 38t ?

JOKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah theres a few bits to choose from and I was kind of wanting to do some early stuff anyway so thats all good,..I may be ( as always) a bit of an latecomer in this particular GB as other stuff needs to be done first

I think i'll give this one a whirl.
102007775.jpg

Tony lee :)

Hmmm. I'm in .... Panzer IV E from Barbarossa !!! DML kit with th Fuel trailer being pulled behind !!

l_DRA6402.jpeg

NOW ... If I can FInd that Dragon Box set of a Pz. IV crew most half out of th TUrret & one on th ground passing a bottle of wine
ERIK

Erik , dude , you really can't find these dudes ?

Picture1604.jpg

If you can't , I've got em and you can have them , ....... somewhere's down the line you can bounce me back with an equivalent trade .

Oh and guys , ......... I've got tons of early war ref. pics if ya need em ..........

Yeah John I was thinking the same thing about the time frame , .......... 39 to 41 ?

Western front Blitz ?

Tony I hate to say this but I think the build you want to do is a French tank with a Chech gun on it ........... which means it was post Blitz , ................ which also means it didn't see action in the west till 44 .

Corrections anyone ?

Andy,They took one of these Renault R-35s and chopped it,then installed a 4.7cm PAK(T) anti tank gun in it.
r35aberdeen.jpg

Painted the first ones Dark Grey and called it a "4.7cm PAK(T)AUF R-35".
Crew of three or four and there were about a hundred produced.

SPGs Forever
Tony lee :)

When the European War began in Sep 1939, the French Army had 975 operational R35 tanks, while 50 were in service with the Polish Army. Of the 50 in Polish service, which were assigned to the Polish-Romanian border region, 34 survived and were withdrawn into Romania and became captured there (which added to the 41 R35 tanks Romania had already purchased from France in the summer of 1939). By May 1940, when Germany invaded France, the French fielded about 1,600 R35 tanks, 945 of which were deployed to front line units; at the same time, 95 of them were deployed to the French Mandate of Syria and 30 to French Morocco. After the French surrender, the German forces captured 843 of them; 131 of which were pressed into front line service under the designation Panzerkampfwagen 35R 731 (f), 124 were given to Italy, 40 were given to Bulgaria, while the rest were rebuilt as artillery tractors, ammunition carriers, and 4.7 cm PaK(t) auf Panzerkampfwagen 35R(f) ohne Turm tank destroyers. They were used in combat by the Germans in the invasion of Greece. After the end of the Balkans Campaign, most R35 tanks were in use in occupation duties only.

Tony , I'm not trying to split hairs , just think the model you're building is post Blitzkreig .
Is this the tank in the above writing ?

Is this the West Blitz , or the whole initial blitz ??

I just looked over the suggestion thread for this GB and really don't see a definitive guide on what we're looking for here. I was under the impression that this was covering the early years of the German Blitzkrieg, which, I think, would include the Battle of Britain. Someone check me if I'm wrong.

I moved the original suggestion thread to this forum.

Back