• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bf 109G-2 Trop

ij001

1:32 Trumpeter kit:

h4c7c899.JPG

hc186ed4.JPG

h0e39e37.jpg

hb6609f0.jpg

Daddies Little Stormtroopers had some friends around this afternoon, so they didn't need entertaining, all chores done so sloped off to the man-cave and dragged this to the bench, kicking and screaming. I'm waiting on some EZ Line just now so cannot go any further with the Bronco just now. Apart form the swarm of 'sink holes' inside the engine panels it looks like a fabulous kit, and I've read good things about it elsewhere,

Could be quite a quick turnaround on this one. Stay tuned. And yes Les, you can consider yourself a 'bad influence' :smack

Ian.

Thanks everyone: OK, it's 1015am here and the 'Little Stormtroopers' are safely back in school, the house has been put back together and tidied/vacuumed after various playdates & sleep-overs, I've just submitted a job application to one of the largest multi-national companies on the planet and now I'm heading off to the man-cave !!

See y'all later.

Ian.

So happy to see another 109 build, I carried the torch as long as possible. :lol:

Looking forward to see how this one will turn out.

Matrixone

So happy to see another 109 build, I carried the torch as long as possible. :lol:

Looking forward to see how this one will turn out.

Matrixone

Hang in there Les, even you are doing some armor lately. :rotf :soldier

I have a list of aircraft I need to do, we'll be buzzin' around shortly. :pilot

Les can be such a nice influence :popcorn

Or a curse, depending on how you want to look at it. "Oooh, I need one of those!" "That technique looks neat, maybe I'll try something along those lines." :rotf

He is an inspiration for sure. :coolio

Mornin' all.
Thanks for the best wishes on the job thing, just part-time that I can work around the 'day job' and the house-husband duties.

In other news, yesterday control surfaces were all built up and some are attached. I should get the engine block finished today (photos later) and I'll be dirtying-up the bulkheads, engine mounts etc. It's possible that I could also make a start on the 'pit, but no promises.

Stay tuned.

Ian.

First update:

As you can see, nothing whatsoever added, just what came in the box. For the block I mixed my own 'iron black' then sprayed it in a couple of passes with my Iwata BR. Everything else is hand-painted with a hairy stick. Mostly Tamiya acrylics and enamels. As a 'weathering' touch, I've lightly brushed-in some 'Red Desert' MIG pigment... even sealed behind its' covers the block would have got some sand & dust, wouldn't you say ??

Next, I'll build-up and spray the 'pit. Stay tuned.

Ian.

Been working away at the engine mounts, firewall & 'pit this week. Here's some day-by-day progress pics - I've had to break them down into a number of posts as there's quite a few.

As ever, I'll try and answer any questions and/or comments later-on.

h1484a4d.JPG

h260d2f1.JPG

First time using Trumpeters own etch and it's very good indeed.

h1e067c7.JPG

Here's where I ended-up on Monday evening. Basic colours on the pit, firewall & engine mounts added & guns assembled.

Ian.

Tuesday was a brief session so only got to do some more old-skool dry-brushing and 'pin washing'/chipping the engine mounts:

hc624a13.JPG

hff4e67f.JPG

he726206.JPG

Up to this point (and beyond), the parts fit has been excellent, well up to Tamiya & Hasegawa standard, instructions aswell are clear and unambiguous, however there's no excuse for not test-fitting as you go, right ??

hb9cf0ad.JPG

h25a1d24.JPG

h601f703.JPG

h526ae41.JPG

More in a min', stand-by.

Ian.

Wednesday & Thursday, I made a start on the Eduard etch, finished the dry-brushing & pin wash, also added some Mig pigment (Red Desert) where I thought it would 'settle' same as the engine block.

hbb167ca.JPG

hf3ec71c.JPG

h0c52fee.JPG

h17b6a71.JPG

h6ce4e03.JPG

Last part coming-up. Don't touch that dial :whistle:

Ian.

A little test-fitting to round-off this update:

h0bfab0c.JPG

h24bc7bf.JPG

hc030e2d.JPG

h370b4e5.JPG

Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment, all for now, hopefullt get some 'me time' after the weekend.

Ian.

Back