• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Base advice needed

Jeeves

Ok...I am at the point where I am about to start working on the base for the figures and Kubel. I was wondering if these wells were always in urban settings (i.e. cobblestone roads) as opposed to rural settings (i.e. dirt roads)? I would like to avoid picking up a cobblestone base if instead I could recreate it somehow...

I plan on putting mine in the middle of a town square. Check the photos in one the earlier posts and you'll see a wide variety of settings.

Cheers!
chuk

Thanks Laura and Chuk...

I was hoping to figure out something I could try my hand at making as opposed to buying a building or street base. I have a $3 wooden base I bought from AC Moore and I am trying to figure what I can place everything on...was thinking along the lines of making my own street...but need to figure on how to make it look convincible...

Well...I figured since I was already working with a Mike Bishop piece, I should go ahead and use the street corner piece you guys did last year...so this newbie to the site is going whole hog!

Go for it, Mike- if you check the pics in the Normandy Well Variations thread you can see that he seems to have taken the corner idea from the same pic as the well! The loose cobblestones are all there. Cool!

Thanks Chuk...

I'll try my hand at modifying it a bit from what he had posted...I have a couple ideas...this kind of stuff is out of my quarter scale league...but like they say...if you want to walk on water, you gotta step out of the boat ;-)

Back