• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another search for info

jknaus

Administrator
Back in the 70's Military Modeler magazine had a few issues where they gave drawings and articles to make military pattern vehicles out of the quad and cmp kits by Tamiya and Italeri. Does anyone know where a person could find these drawings and articles? I've had the mags forever, but now when I want them they cant be found. Any help would be appreciated.
James

I buy up alot of the older magazines secondhand when I see them and what you are mentioning sounds vaguely familiar.
Might be wrong but I will have a look through some of the older ones when I get a chance. I know where the books are...just a matter of searching through them.

JO.

Ozzie Jo wrote:
I buy up alot of the older magazines secondhand when I see them and what you are mentioning sounds vaguely familiar.
Might be wrong but I will have a look through some of the older ones when I get a chance. I know where the books are...just a matter of searching through them.

JO.

Thanks, have no idea where mine went. But they showed plans to lengthen the frame and make a stake truck, shorten the frame and make a radio truck, ambulance etc
James

I seem to recall that Panzer AKA Chris Mrosko was after similar info on how to convert the Quad into a LRDG Chev , so it may be worth PM'ing and asking him if that is what you had in mind . :)

Jenny :kiss:

I apologize profusely for taking so long :cheer: I looked through the issues from the 70's but they were mainly from 78 onwards and could not find anything that involved a conversion of a Tamiya kit.... or any kit for that matter.

I will pm you if I come accross any when getting more mags.
They might be old and the finished models not what today's standards dictate to be a good one but some of the articles are invaluable. I've bookmarked all the ones that have scale sizes of things like cartridges and pouches etc....great for adding details to your work and keeping it all in scale. I need all the help I can get.

I recall a REME article which I may still have but this was not from the 1970s, it was from either the 1980 or 1990s.

Regards,

Ozzie Jo wrote:
I apologize profusely for taking so long :cheer: I looked through the issues from the 70's but they were mainly from 78 onwards and could not find anything that involved a conversion of a Tamiya kit.... or any kit for that matter.

I will pm you if I come accross any when getting more mags.
They might be old and the finished models not what today's standards dictate to be a good one but some of the articles are invaluable. I've bookmarked all the ones that have scale sizes of things like cartridges and pouches etc....great for adding details to your work and keeping it all in scale. I need all the help I can get.

Thanks for checking. I'll keep looking around the net. I just have to ask the correct question when I google, dogpile, ask jeeves etc.
James

jknaus wrote:
Back in the 70's Military Modeler magazine had a few issues where they gave drawings and articles to make military pattern vehicles out of the quad and cmp kits by Tamiya and Italeri. Does anyone know where a person could find these drawings and articles? I've had the mags forever, but now when I want them they cant be found. Any help would be appreciated.
James

I have an article on how to convert a Tamiya Ford Quad Gun Tractor to a Ford LRDG truck. Would that be of interest to you?

Cheers from Peter

Back