• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

An M4A3 Sherman - Figures Done, all finished.

small update....just a bit of base paint.
20200612_114819.jpg
20200612_114846.jpg

The dark cruddy spot on the back left fender caught my eye. Looks like something burned or something leaked and is holding a bunch of dirt. Excellent coloring on the paint!

Hey neat! Question - were the return roller locations on your kit marked? Mine was not in any way whatsoever, and i had to scratch build pins to get the rest of the roadwheels to stay in place. Nice job bigman!

Hey neat! Question - were the return roller locations on your kit marked? Mine was not in any way whatsoever, and i had to scratch build pins to get the rest of the roadwheels to stay in place. Nice job bigman!
That sounds like an injection/production fault....mine had everything , no issues.
Sorry you got a bad one.:hmm::(

The dark cruddy spot on the back left fender caught my eye. Looks like something burned or something leaked and is holding a bunch of dirt. Excellent coloring on the paint!
Just a bit of dirt I used to cover some putty sanding and thought the same thing and added some dark brown as a base. :doh:

Just another small update - a couple of the photos are a bit blurry, so sorry.
1. Black cammo laid over the green base and some chipping added
2. Decals placed over base cammo.
3. still need to paint the bare steel recoil section at the mantlet end of the barrel and the other various metal fittings.
All is now ready for weathering layers
20201018_174541.jpg

20201018_174521.jpg20201018_174602.jpg20201018_174628.jpg

Just wrapping this model up but I need some good pics of the Radio ariel and mount for this model. Can anyone help?

So that top section is an insulator. Thanks Saul, never knew that. Thought it was like a double sprung whip mount.

Last edited:
Back