• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

An M4A3 Sherman - Figures Done, all finished.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I really appreciate all your comments and I am extra happy that you guys are recognising this as an exstension of my art - which is exactly what it is for me. I really surprised myself with how much I enjoyed this build, especially the paint and weathering from the base cammo on.
Bob, Gary, Mike, Paul, Duke, Eric, Terry, Razordws and Barney - much appreciated!:Drinks:
So this also means I earn another ribbon! I don't have many. :dance::dance::geekon:

So here are a few final shots of the figures with the tank plus some close-ups for those who would like to see the effects a bit closer. I am reasonably happy with them though I always get better with more practice and my figure painting has been very sparce and random over the last few years so I am in need of more consistent practice.
I also wanted to add that I agree with what John Steinman said in his beautiful Hunting Tiger build, about having a nicely crafted base. This one has the most basic and light base that I could make as this is a model made to fit in a cabinet with thin glass shelves. It was kept very simple and plain only because I had to.
View attachment 133497
The figures..... finished with a couple of small touches added around the model as well as all the stuff used to finish this little scene.
View attachment 133496

View attachment 133501
View attachment 133500View attachment 133499View attachment 133504View attachment 133502
View attachment 133503
View attachment 133498
Thanks for looking, another one down.
Very nice! 👌

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I really appreciate all your comments and I am extra happy that you guys are recognising this as an exstension of my art - which is exactly what it is for me. I really surprised myself with how much I enjoyed this build, especially the paint and weathering from the base cammo on.
Bob, Gary, Mike, Paul, Duke, Eric, Terry, Razordws and Barney - much appreciated!:Drinks:
So this also means I earn another ribbon! I don't have many. :dance::dance::geekon:

So here are a few final shots of the figures with the tank plus some close-ups for those who would like to see the effects a bit closer. I am reasonably happy with them though I always get better with more practice and my figure painting has been very sparce and random over the last few years so I am in need of more consistent practice.
I also wanted to add that I agree with what John Steinman said in his beautiful Hunting Tiger build, about having a nicely crafted base. This one has the most basic and light base that I could make as this is a model made to fit in a cabinet with thin glass shelves. It was kept very simple and plain only because I had to.
View attachment 133497
The figures..... finished with a couple of small touches added around the model as well as all the stuff used to finish this little scene.
View attachment 133496

View attachment 133501
View attachment 133500View attachment 133499View attachment 133504View attachment 133502
View attachment 133503
View attachment 133498
Thanks for looking, another one down.
As others have said, fantastic work Sir!

Back