• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMT '67 Mustang Fastback--Completed 05/20

I was never a fan of Ford's tail dragger stance, but I understand why they did it. The restomod technology of today looks and handles much better.
Carry on. :vgood:

My old Torino GT 429 had a similar suspension as a Mustang, but was always heavy aft. NOT made for going around corners! She did blaze brazenly off to Omaha in 6 beers or less, back when I was immortal (and had hair!) MANY moons ago!

Thanks for the comments fellas! I never had much of a problem with the way that stance looked really but always preferred mine to have a slight forward rake. I definitely hear you guys about the handling aspects of that stance though.

Six beers or less.....................
chEAnY.gif
Ohhhhh the memories.........

Looks nose high but the motor aint in there yet...:rotf

Those 'stangs had a nose high look to them I always thought.
:popcorn

Alot of 'em did. My brothers car sat like that but it wasn't that low in the back. His old car looked pretty good though. I'll come up with a picture of his as well.

Did some work stance wise this morning. The front got some re-positioning of the front spindles, a little sanding here and a little drilling there. All the rear springs needed was a slight re-arching. Now it's starting to look more like I want it to with a slight forward rake.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Good news!! I found me some BONUS SHOTS of my old car!!!!! I'm currently doing a bathroom renovation to our master bathroom and needed some tools that were hidden away in the "house toolbox" by my wife. While looking for the tools I found a small plastic box with.......a whole load of pictures of my old blue Mustang PLUS a slew of negatives that I'll be taking to a photo developer here in town to have pictures printed up with. Frickin' SCORE!!!!

Here are those missing pictures of my '69 Mach 1 351W in my '67 while it was under construction. Man.....I haven't seen these things in 10 years. Now.....what tha hell were they doing in the dang tool box for?
ORSAY9

VWqGpw.jpg

xcgqoA.jpg

What a score! Nice find. That's a big'o dang motor man :burnout
Thanks Bob!! I've got the negatives already in the photo place getting developed. I should have some more shots to post later on. That 351 was a friggin' power house in that little car. I remember going up against another '67 Mustang that had a stock 429 when I had the 289 in mine. The results were as expected.....I got my
4aUKwo.gif
handed to me. After I put this 351W in and got this car up and running I found him again lined up for a rematch and gave him a dose of what I got on the first race.
2bAdHb.gif

It's been a while since I've posted an update so I thought I'd give one here. The chassis and proper stance has been the topic of building over the course of the last couple of weeks. One of the things that surprised me was the Fords use of red oxide primer on the bottom side of these cars. Never saw any of that on any of mine but hey....by the time I got those cars it was a good 25 years on down the line. lol

Just an FYI. I did end up getting ahold of Round 2 and asking for the proper Wide Oval white lettered tires. I talked to what sounded like a kid on the phone and it didn't appear that he knew too awful much about the product but was willing to help out. We'll see what I get in the mail.

Chassis in progress without the exhaust on just yet:

Speaking of exhaust systems, I'll be starting on that next so I can get the chassis part of this build behind me. One thing I notice alot of times on the bottom side of completed auto builds is the presence of seams on the exhaust pipes. These tend to be overlooked by some modelers so I thought I'd point these seams out on the exhaust pipes in this kit.

This is freshly cut from the sprue so you can still see the sprue attachment point but check out those nasty seams on the exhaust pipes. Those......will be disappearing soon. More updates coming over the next few days on this subject.....

yaaaaaaa, that stance….good opportunity to do a dio. With the engine out, or launching for a 1/4 mile, but that’s about all.
most of my old Chrysler products took on this look as they got older and those 30 foot long rear leaf springs sagged into a reverse arc but that’d still be out of spec. for a nice display model

Thanks fellas!!!

Been working on that exhaust this morning cleaning it all up. Took the better part of an hour to get most of it done but still have to contend with the joint seam on the muffler.

Aside from that I built my 750 Holley Double Pumper over the weekend and installed it on my truck .

but WAIT......what's that on the front fuel bowl???

A 3-D printed Holley carburetor from Shapeways......The details are CRAZY on this thing!!!

It's even got stand alone venturis......
:shocked:

Back