• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMT '67 Mustang Fastback--Completed 05/20

Whoo man, I haven’t seen a carburetor on a road vehicle in…..probably 25 years!
direct injected gasoline now…what could possibly go wrong with that they asked?

Carburetor. Hey! I speak "Carburetor"! Mike and I made some resin model car parts some time ago. The carbs don't have near the detail the 3D version does! That's just cool!

Carburetor. Hey! I speak "Carburetor"! Mike and I made some resin model car parts some time ago. The carbs don't have near the detail the 3D version does! That's just cool!
Thanks Chris. Hey I got an alert that you sent a message to me last week but wasn't able to see a message. It was Titled 1/24 car parts or something like that. Since then alot of messages in my messenger have gone missing. Was going to see if you could message me again.

A little more progress on the engine today. I have mixed feelings about this engine. It's got certain aspects that give me a good feeling about it but there are other parts that are kind of "meh" to me. Maybe with more progress I'll feel a little better about it.

vpVm0m.jpg

The texture on the manifolds look a bit out of scale or something. I dig the dry brushing on the rocker covers. :burnout
That's actually the OOB casting for the manifolds. Gonna see how it looks with the more stuff that I put on it and we'll go from there. Thanks Bob!!

Shouldn't the carbs be a brass color? Nice work!! Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Thanks Gary! The camera picked up a different shade for the carb. I used Titanium Gold from Tamiya and brought out the details and toned the Gold down with a light brown wash.

Engine update as of last night. Now the only thing I don't really care for is the belt but with enough other stuff around the engine when it gets dropped into the engine bay hopefully there'll be enough distraction to divert attention away from it. Going to have start working on a new way to replicate the whole belt/ pulley system on my engine builds.

9e8Cpd.jpg

Thanks for taggin' along fellas.

Chris....I know right? The steering linkage has the power steering cylinder but....where'd the pump go???

Finished the engine up this morning aside from a wingnut that I have to fabricate and put on the air cleaner.

Glamour shots before she gets tucked away till a later part of the build.

It's pretty close to my original 351W that I had waaay back when:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Back