• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix 1/12 Bentley blower FINISHED

Best i have been able to do this week is turn these

DSC_0640.JPG

Into these

DSC_0729.JPG

But i haven't forgotten the Bently, i just need to earn a living on the side :)

Managed to get a bit of time on this.
the cabin is now 3 coats of Tamiya of XF26 Deep Green with 3 coats of flat clear on top. the clear has crazed the decals but actually it looks fine as the flag was painted on the leather so would have been of a rough texture. the body was wood frame, alloy skinned and then covered in leather hence the Mat semi gloss effect in contrast to what will be gloss metal work over the engine etc.
Not sure about the hood in the second picture. I'm experimenting with sticky back vinyl, cloth and paints to get a sort of canvas finish, ideas welcome :)

DSC_2541.JPG

DSC_2542_01.JPG

I turned the brightness down so you can see the hood.

Body looks really good. The hood looks a might thick to me, have you ever tried using a disposable lens cleaning cloth? They have a texture and thickness that seems like canvas to me.

Ah i can see now, the kit part set me off in the wrong direction.
What i should have is a separate cover over the rear seat and a separate folded hood at the back
You can see it on these 2....

fuel tank.jpg
lowres-1280124.jpg

you can see from these two that the detail is quite different on all parts, each car is individual reflecting its hand made construction, look at the fuel tanks, absolutely nothing the same but still identifiable for what they are..

I got a pack of 10 lens cloths today from Amazon ;) they are a very fine weave and will be good for lots of modelling applications from tanks to cars so thanks Mike :)

1626940150460.png

I think i prefer my home made version however it depends what you want from a model. I have bought this companies wheels for the Bentley because while i am happy to make a pair for a motorcycle , five is pushing my patience and interest a bit far :) i think separate parts added look better than one piece mouldings . On the plus side i think the 3d printed items are much better than the old resin versions however boy are they fragile. :)

Back