• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix 1/12 Bentley blower FINISHED

after soe time heating and bending the 2 sides an the rear of the body and adding a spreader bar to the front it now sits on the chassis nicely with out having to stretch or force anything.
DSC_2472.JPG
DSC_2473.JPG

i am a bit daunted by how i can make this look better. It needs press type studs for the tonneau cover, an alloy frame round the front and detail inside . I am not using the rear seats instead there will be the rolled back tonneau cover which will obscure a lot of the inside.
Currently reading up how to make the front seats look like leather, i have done it on a small scale with brown leather straps but these will be Green and quite large....wondering about oils ? but not sure what colour the base coat would be on green ? maybe a much lighter shade of green than the finished leather dark green ?

Positioning points are a bit vague on this kit so i cant fit the radiator or anything else up front because i dont really know where it should sit so i need to get the body on...then i have a fixed point to work from and the radiator will go exactly the length of the engine side covers away :)

(Sorry about the poor pictures but you get the idea )

The body fits well now, nice work.

I found a pretty good leather video, I'll find it and post it up.

This is turning out very well Paddy. Looks like you've got some good videos and reference on that "leather look" you were looking at.

I painted the seat base the chassis colour and flocked the back of them

DSC_2480.JPG

Not a fan of using flock although it was my first time it was really hard to get it how i wanted it. i thought it would be like dust or sand but it actually sticks together in a sort of clump

I painted the seats leather with Tamiya XF56 and then a wipe over with a green oil paint but i was really disappointed with the joins on the seat fronts and back especially down the sides like this

DSC_2479.JPG

so i either pull them apart and start again or sleep on it......Didnt fancy re flocking the backs so decided to add piping round the edge of the seat to cover the crap joins.

DSC_2483.JPG

This is 0.5mm plastic rod glued on with normal styrene glue

DSC_2491.JPG

then painted to match and i am a lot happier with these joins especially over the top where they will be seen the most

DSC_2492.JPG

Talk about making a simple thing rather complicated :) Need to take a few days off now as work is piling up :)

will lightly weather the leather when the oils are dry.

"We can Flock if we want to. We can leave our friends behind. Cuz our friends don't Flock and if they don't Flock, then they're no friends of mine............"
Not very Cricket, That. Couldn't be helped. :facepalm:
Keep calm and Flock on, Mate! :notworthy

"We can Flock if we want to. We can leave our friends behind. Cuz our friends don't Flock and if they don't Flock, then they're no friends of mine............"
Not very Cricket, That. Couldn't be helped. :facepalm:
Keep calm and Flock on, Mate! :notworthy
What's really funny is that if you're old enough to remember that song like I am.............. :p:

Despite some of your troubles along the way that turned out very well Paddy. Sometimes there's just no easy way to deal with things like that.

Cracking job Paddy. The "little" change of adding the piping makes a world of difference in the finished product. :Drinks:

Back