• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Adventures in 3D Printing. Panzers and Fantasy

Oh man James! Those look fantastic! As 23mm is almost 1/72 scale; I'd be willing to pay for a 3-D print of that whole Tavern set! I also gotta get me that lightning bolt mod for those guys that say that. I would love a mod that allows me to hit a guard who asks about my sweetroll without penalty! That would rock!

The old D&D scale was 25mm and the figures were just about 1/72 scale. I have a bunch of the old Ral Partha and Grenadier figures including all the dragons. Grenadier put out 2 series of Dragnons of the month. I have all of them including the 2 master dragons that were put out that were huge. Alas both Ral Partha and Grenadier both went away over time back in the 90's. The only survivor of the figure manufacturers from that time is Games Workshop. I never really liked their figures as well. Also I was an original D&D player that really got into the game with the second edition rules. Never bothered with the later rule sets.
With the upheaval this last month from the water damage, I have run across a lot of the old D&D lead figures again.

I remember the Ral Partha stuff. I actually played a fair bit of 2nd Ed while I was in the Navy. We had a small group of guys (and their wives) that would get together every couple weeks. I miss that. Never did find another group (that lasted anyways) after that.

Some exciting news at least to me. Found a fellow who does 1/35 stuff. I'm currently printing some Tunisian Tiger Initial road wheels for the RFM kit and a test on some Initial Tiger tracks. If they work on my printer will print out a batch and their pins. Cant wait to see them. The pictures of printed stuff looks good.
Meanwhile did this yesterday. Had one fig fail and found a flaw in my tank. So new tank on and have to fix the other one. Cant wait to get the part for the Saturn so I can print more and hopefully better figures and things.
full

full

full

Got an email from Elegoo also with the new products. A new wash and dry station which will work with the Saturn and the new Mars 3 which they say is 30% better. Maybe someday but for now i am happy to play with what I have.
James

Okay first try. Got a set of wheels to replace C5 and C6 in the RFM Tunisian Tiger I Early kit. Unfortunately There are some that are no good due to a line across them. I kind of wondered if that would happen. It would have been netter if they were angled a bit for printing. Will have to see if the designer can give drawings without supports. Still I am pretty happy with them overall and it will help make the kit better.
full

full

full

James

Very interesting James, what caused those lines across the wheels?
It could be the settings are wrong for the type of resin but I dont think so. From the beginning I have seen and been told that where possable you should tilt your print. There is supposed to be a formula for it but I have not really looked. I Have a Viking figure in printing for another few hours. He is tilted so if it all works that might be the problem. Its all a learning curve but having fun so far.
James

What it looks like is happening to my eye is that the parts are getting far enough away from the mount that they are shifting a little bit. The slight shift is giving you a line. It is possible that they just need a little more support to hold things stationary during the print process.

Hi James, I have being playing with 3d printing for a couple of years now, first with an FDM then a monoprice mini and now with a Saturn. I enjoy making parts for models and things around the house and work. The tool clamps looks cool
On the tiger wheels maybe try a 90° angle to get rid of the lines, if it was made with the saturn verify your serial number as there is a firmware update that corrects a similar issue with the lines. Keep it up its looking good. Are the wheels for the cyber hobby tunisia tiger?

Thanks
Abdin

Hi James, I have being playing with 3d printing for a couple of years now, first with an FDM then a monoprice mini and now with a Saturn. I enjoy making parts for models and things around the house and work. The tool clamps looks cool
On the tiger wheels maybe try a 90° angle to get rid of the lines, if it was made with the saturn verify your serial number as there is a firmware update that corrects a similar issue with the lines. Keep it up its looking good. Are the wheels for the cyber hobby tunisia tiger?

Thanks
Abdin
Thanks. Still waiting for a limit switch for the Saturn as is arrived broken. These are all done with a Mars 2 Pro so far. Most stuff comes out good. I'll check on the Saturn Serial Number. Did not realize it had issues. The wheels are made for the RFM Initial but the fellow has some other wheels also. I have not yet tried the Panther wheels. He also has a conversion for the first Tiger with the big round housing in place of a turret.
James

I haven't played D & D. Perhaps I am not the Geek I imagined I once was. :bm:
I can see how a Man might easily get carried away with all the cool figures and tavern fittings. Neet-O!

Here is a table for the saturn but I think it works for the mars also

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1619016820339.jpg
    FB_IMG_1619016820339.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 19
If you like those figs here is this months and January's files. In the process of printing a Centaur and a Hydra and Panther 16 Bolt Road Wheels and axles.
0121-1.jpg
0121-2.jpg
0121-3.jpg
0121-4.jpg
0121-5.jpg
821-1.jpg
821-2.jpg
821-3.jpg
821-4.jpg
821-5.jpg
821-6.jpg
821-7.jpg

Added to that my fav maker of 1/35 has put out a couple of 1/35 radio sets and associated equipment for 1/35 German vehicles.
r1.jpg
r2.jpg
r3.jpg
r4.jpg

Hope they turn out well.
James

So started a print before bed last night and it was done this morning. The body for the Hydra. This morning while washing and curing it I did some road wheels for the Panther. These I did on an angle and they all look good so quite happy.
full

full

I hollowed out the body as it is a big print. The small diamonds are the drainage holes for inside.
full

The first set of Panther wheels. Theese are 16 bolt wheels for my Hobbyboss Panther A. Unfortunately Hobbyboss dropped the ball with this kit and it is a toss up between a D and an A. So I will make it a D as that is the easiest path. Hence the 16 bolt road wheels vice the 24 bolt.
full

James

Wow, all those benches, stools, table, beds, trough, chest, grinding wheel, tent, goat horse anmd cart would be so incredibly awesome in 1/72 scale! Man I just wish I could get all those to add to my 1/72 scale accessories!

Beautiful print on that Hydra body; that is exceptional! Nice job on the wheels too. I knwo someone else who has printed up a number of wheels in 1/72 scale who also did them at an angle and it does help with the quality.

Back