• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

About the tip jar

I'll set a couple more payment plans. I hate these can't go out as gifts and not get charged by paypal but that's the nature of things huh.

I think PayPal has mostly done away with any "free" money transfers. There used to be a friends and family send funds choice which has been gone for a while now. Since so many folks were using that to send funds and "avoiding" paying fees, I think they finally just did away with it to keep from losing out. Too bad they had to do that, but It does make things easy to do even if a percentage drops off on the way.

I don't see that as an option for services.
1651441862631.png

Maybe I'll check with the forum folks to see if I can add it. Think I've read on the forum that Stripe isn't working anymore, even though I don't know who that is.

Friends and family is still there but it is not as obvious. Also, I don't think their code allows for it if you use their facility to embed paypal into a website. When it asks you what is this payment for and you click that it gives you the option for goods which they charge a fee for, or the friends and family which they do not.

Guess it's the price of doing business with them. I'll get the amounts updated and add the recurring option if you like.

Today i am told my upgrade via the tip jar has expired and i can renew at $10 a day :) not sure i can afford $3650.00 a year :)

Today i am told my upgrade via the tip jar has expired and i can renew at $10 a day :) not sure i can afford $3650.00 a year :)
sorry about that Paddy, rest assured your premium access is retained. :vgood:

I was up last night with some restless pups and went back looking at those settings. The way I had it setup you could only donate once, while I do surely appreciate that one time donation I do want you to have the option to do it again when you feel the love. :mpup

Back