• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A6M2b Tamiya 1/72 COMPLETED! MAY 20TH

Progress:
20230322_212644.jpg
Got the main decals on tonight.
(Haven't fully settled yet)
20230323_224148.jpg
I might have some more time tomorrow night to get some of the stencils on but will be away on the weekend. Still lots to do.

She's got some legs. I still have to mask and paint the canopy. I don't know if I'll have time tomorrow. It's going to be down to the wire. There is still the issue of the cowling. Don't know if that will show up on time. I'll keep at it though.
20230329_231715.jpg20230329_231646.jpg

Dave, I would just say that if you get everything else done, call it done. The cowling would take, what an hour with paint? Don't sweat it. After all the cowling is off for engine service.
Yeah, that's it!
3D-thumbs up.gif

Well, I missed the deadline. My back has been acting up lately and I just can't sit in a chair for any length of time. Masking the canopy was out of the question. I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Well, I missed the deadline. My back has been acting up lately and I just can't sit in a chair for any length of time. Masking the canopy was out of the question. I'll get to it as soon as I can.
Me too!! Going for MRI Monday. Getting old is a bitch. Gary S.

Well, almost 2 months later my cowling finally arrived. I shall start the final push to get this done. They sent me the whole Dsprue even though I just needed the cowling which is in its own bag. Almost enough there to build another if I raid my spares box. Unfortunately I cracked one of the 2 canopies included (while masking) or I would have a spare canopy for it too. This thing is fighting me all the way.

20230516_103526.jpg

stenosis at C5-7... Getting old is God's Revenge for. my foolishness at 25! Jump from the airplane, it will be fun (they said)

As much trouble as I had with my back in my younger years, it give very little trouble these days (Thank the Lord). My only problem has been I have developed trigger fingers in my left ring and little fingers. When I curl them to my palm and then go to open them they catch partway and then "pop" past the point. What causes it is that the tendon has been stressed and developed a bump in it that catches in the guide tube under the finger. So far it doesn't hurt and mostly doesn't bother me. When I am aware of it, it is annoying more than anything. There is a surgery to help relieve it similar to carpal tunnel surgery. Could be a pain for my job and hobby, but these are the 2 fingers I use the least.

Never had any back issues until I was in my 40s and injured it in a baseball game... stupid, stupid, stupid!!!!!

Had some free time this week so got this one wrapped up after finally receiving the missing cowl from Tamiya. Must have been ordered direct from Japan but I'm glad to have it. I tried Valejo gloss instead of future this time and didn't dilute it enough and ended up with some orange peel effect. Doesn't look too bad in person with the dull coat on now.
20230520_115207.jpg
20230520_115050.jpg
20230520_115136.jpg
20230520_115007.jpg
20230520_115032.jpg

Now, where did I put the Graf Spee from last year's March Madness???

Last edited:
Back