• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMT 1970-1/2 Z/28 Finished-12/30

Neat stuff! I'm with bob, the split bumper adds something to the car. Heck, I'm so old I remember when these were just considered used cars!

That's just it, I had one but not long enough to get up under and investigate.

You lucky DOG!! I'm looking for one of these cars right now to drop that 406 of mine into.
Neat stuff! I'm with bob, the split bumper adds something to the car. Heck, I'm so old I remember when these were just considered used cars!
Thanks and I remember those days too. I was spying a 72 Camaro for my first car when my dad stopped the whole deal after he found out what was under the hood. lol

Completed subframe with modified spindles to drop the front end a little bit along with the mostly completed bare engine:

9WkBk2.jpg

I purchased my first two MAD prewired distributors. I've gotta say that I am definitely impressed, and thanks goes out to those who started the thread on pre-wired distributors here. This cut my time in like 1/10th of the time from drilling the OOB distributors and inserting the ignition wire myself. They come in all kinds of cap and wire colors.

mpEUoA.jpg

Managed to get the engine mostly done on this rascal. I'm mostly happy with this but that goofy looking fan clutch I'm glad to say will be mostly hidden in the fan shroud.

Here it is installed onto the subframe. I managed to shoot a coat of semi-gloss black on the chassis followed by a light over coat of super thinned out gray which helped to tone things down some and bring out some of the details. I also installed an engine oil dipstick on the driver's side of the engine. Here's everything all fitted up and ready to go now.

mcD9Yv.jpg

Looks great, went with the performance camel hump heads I see.
firing orders….easy to remember and all the same until you count in old Henery’s stuff even 302’s & 351’s in the same engine family had different firing orders….or is that just my defective old memory

The only firing order I've seen different on a V-8 is if the engine rotation is opposite, like in some boat setups. But a 60 degree block might be different, don't know.

If my small block Chevy memory serves, these are the 1.94 intake valve diameter heads, rather than the "double hump" 2.02 heads.
Is that correct? Nifty powerplant nonetheless!

Thanks Bob, Chris, John and Chris( Rhino).

Chrispeme: I haven't seen you in a WHILE man. Hope all is going well for you brother and thanks for the comments. You're right , 302's and 351W had a different firing order.

Chris(Rhino): These actually had the 2.02/ 1.60 heads and were rated at 360 gross hp. If only Vortec SBC heads were available at that time. lol. Thank you for the comments as well brother.

It took me about a week to whip this dash into shape and it's not the easiest of dashes to negotiate in terms of modeling. I feel that I've turned out a lot better ones than this, but you'll see what I've got to work with.

Here's what I started with:

I ended up cleaning things up a bit flash wise and drilling out all the gauge impressions.

I had some gauges from Goffer Racing that I used for the smaller gauges but used the OOB ones for the speedo and tach to stay as close to OEM look as possible. I then cut them down to squares and glued them in from the back side. The swing pedal levers were then thinned out to a truer to scale thickness and the whole dash was painted up and detailed. The "Camaro" emblem on the glove box was a PE offering from Model Car Garage and the radio face station tuning decal was from the spares box.

What channel is that Radio on ? :cool: American cars are so different from anything we had over here these threads are always really interesting. I think the nearest we had was the interceptor with 440 cu in (7.2 L) Chrysler V8 (1971-1976)

1971_Jensen_Interceptor_MkII,_front_left_(USA).jpg

Last edited:
Back