• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Nakajima Ki-44 Tojo + B5N1 Kate

Flyingbabydoc

Hello Everyone,

so I did some work between campaigns and the result is here below. The Ki-44 Tojo is an old Hasegawa 1/72 kit with PE parts from Eduard, which were absolutely HELL to assemble! :( The flaps nearly drove me insane. Nothing fit, everything had to be rebuilt. Still, I like this little plane and I am ok with the result. Depicted is a Ki-44 from the 104. Sentai (Asakaze) in Taiwan 1944. The base is self-made :)

h2dd5ac6.JPG

h3aa049d.JPG

h446a1b9.JPG

hfa1fd2c.JPG

h94feb98.JPG

The second one is a Nakajima B5N1 Kate. This is the new 1/72 Kit from Airfix built OOB as a trial-run for 2 more I have in my stash, this time with PE from Eduard released in December 2015. The airplane is the AI-311 from IJN Akagi, flown by Murata. The base is the Eduard 1/72 Akagi elevator area.

h7d9754d.JPG

h52935ee.JPG

ha4455eb.JPG

hd6b7bf1.JPG

hd124a04.JPG

h4b6b16d.JPG

h3b1a973.JPG

As usual, your comments are greatly appreciated!

Cheers everyone,

Alex

Some very well made AC Doc, Looks like they were Flak bait, great weathering & detail work ... Nice Bases also ... :pilot :pilot

Nice work Alex (y) I have always been fond of the TOJO :cheer:

The new Kate looks like an improvement over the older Hasegawa as well .

Really cranking them out :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys,

They are not yet good, but at least I see improvement after each build. That is what counts, right?

CHeers

Alex

(y) (y) Very nice Alex! we are our own worst critics. I know from personal experience... We know the faults beneath the putty & paint....

Thanks everyone!

We do really learn a lot everyday here. It is sometimes just a bit frustrating when you see what can be achieved and then you look back at what you have achieved. Still, if the gap is closing, you are moving in the right direction!!! :drinks (y)

Wishing you all a great weekend,

Alex

Thanks everyone!

We do really learn a lot everyday here. It is sometimes just a bit frustrating when you see what can be achieved and then you look back at what you have achieved. Still, if the gap is closing, you are moving in the right direction!!! :drinks (y)

Wishing you all a great weekend,

Alex

Well said Alex! (y) Progress is progress. Whether a little or alot... :drinks

Back