• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Tamiya F-14A

Paulw

Well, this has been an adventure. I really enjoyed building this kit and after two days of decals and this and that I can say I am finished.... almost...
I'll explain later.

The decals came together with no fuss and in the interim I learned a better way to build one of these kits. Just like the F-18C I think I will start paint and decals before final assembly unlike the way I have done all my WWII stuff in the past. This way I have room and don't have to go around all the hangy down thingies and tiny bits that usually get broken off.

Vallejo light gull gray for the top and Tamiya rattle can white primer for the bottom. I used Long Enterprises "the Detailer" to accent the panel lines.

It wasn't until I was placing the vertical stabs that I noticed something didn't quite fit this time. I swear that it did before I was going to call it done but this time it didn't jive just right. that is when I found this...

A small gap in fit I noticed that the slime lights for the fin was missing. Closer inspection revealed that I put the fin flash on the wrong side of both fins. Ill have to see if some one has jolly roger decals they aren't using. Other wise all went well..

Well just focus in on the one thing wrong and show everyone. You don't remember "only pictures from the good side" rule?

I bet you can fix that Paul, looks great!

Back