• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 TamiyaA6M2b Zero Fighter Type 21

Piet

Last week i saw this movie and got the Kamikaze bug ''And no i am not suicidal far from it ''

https://youtu.be/gmMlWI5Z66I

Bought me the excellent 1/32 Tamiya Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero Fighter and some nice aftermarket stuff.

:drool The airial Combat is way cool in this movie !

h88bbf2d.jpg

I remeber another Zero movie back in the 80s. Looking at IMDB I find nothing...but anyway.

:pilot BONZI!

:popcorn

Done with the hairspray technique,

I used this old Revell fuselage to test the metal chipping, never did a IJN plane before.
With the Tamiya plane i can follow the panel lines when i do the chipping

hb9d76e8.jpg

Next test: the salt technique.

Excellent.

What did you use as the aluminum? Please say Vallejo and not some unattainable NMF Alclad type paint/technique.

Excellent.

What did you use as the aluminum? Please say Vallejo and not some unattainable NMF Alclad type paint/technique.

No .....it was done with a cheap spray can of lacquered silver paint from a € 1 euro shop really great stuff very quick drying time.
I wil decanter this can and spray it with my airbrush when i do the Tamiya zero.

hae6c83a.jpg

Sweet, thanks.

By the way, I love that paper you have under wing and paint. It's thin and tough and must only exist on your side of the Atlantic. I've found it in IKEA around the holidays, but otherwise it's a mystery.

Sweet, thanks.

By the way, I love that paper you have under wing and paint. It's thin and tough and must only exist on your side of the Atlantic. I've found it in IKEA around the holidays, but otherwise it's a mystery.

It is ordinary packing paper i get it from my Newsagent 3 euros for 15 meter
i always wrap my work space with it ,i like to begin with a clean surface and after an half hour it is full cuts/paint/and glue and sometimes a bit of blood

Wing is done with the salt method ....dont like it ! ,the hairspray is the way to go

h28e38f9.jpg

hae12a96.jpg

h67d3085.jpg

Looking good Piet!

That hairspray on the test fuse looks great! I'll have to keep an eye out for that movie too, looks good!

:popcorn

i always wrap my work space with it ,i like to begin with a clean surface and after an half hour it is full cuts/paint/and glue and sometimes a bit of blood

We don't have an equivalent in the States. Closest thing is kraft paper which is about 5 times as thick and not as strong. I guess I'll be loading up on it around Xmas.

I agree, the salt technique doesn't cut it compared to the hairspray.

Did a salt and hairspray .

h2397b41.jpg

he7121d0.jpg

The chips on the Tamiya Zero will be applied with more care

We don't have an equivalent in the States. Closest thing is kraft paper which is about 5 times as thick and not as strong. I guess I'll be loading up on it around Xmas.

I agree, the salt technique doesn't cut it compared to the hairspray.
:good:
The salt will work on a old wreck

Thats it for today ,its my job to do supper :drool

Back