• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 scale Revell Bf 109 G-10'Erla' now finished

matrixone

After a few setbacks with this kit I finally managed to finish it. This was supposed to be part of the MIGHTY MESSERSCHMITT GB but the highly unusual string of hot days in this area has forced me to suspend model building for a while so I missed the deadline.

A big thanks to our own PaulW for sending me this kit, I could not have been able to buy this kit for who knows how long so I am grateful for the chance to build this interesting version of the Bf 109 now.

h80859d1.JPG

h055823e.JPG

he968096.JPG

hf52184a.JPG

h9c342a2.JPG

h98e5eea.JPG

ha4142b8.JPG

hffdacba.JPG

h492a812.JPG

hf8bb51e.JPG

Matrixone

Excellent Les! Your greyscale shots really show how much color gets lost in those old photos. Fantastic job :notworthy

Thanks Bob and Christian!

Did you guys notice the 1/32 scale spider in images 8 and 9? That little speck is the spider. :)

A few more images...

h181ceb1.JPG

h3e59498.JPG

h742f3d8.JPG

hf6cfd31.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks guys!

One thing I should mention in case anybody else here plans to build this kit...I sanded down the top of the wing spar to reduce the amount of dihedral. In other builds I have seen using this kit the finished model looks to my eye to have way too much dihedral, I was not sure if it was just certain camera angles or different lenses that caused this effect but to play it safe I went ahead and sanded down the top of the wing spar and I think it turned out okay.
There was a build of this same kit on FSM a week or two ago and the pictures of the finished model had wildly steep wing dihedral on it like the aircraft had exceeded its G limits so if care is not taken its easy to build in too much dihedral with this kit.

hf2814be.JPG

h406306b.JPG

Matrixone

Superb Les! :notworthy

As I have one in stash I hope to remember about the dihederal. Maybe will just double check on it as a make sure thing.

The antique style photos really are a good test as to how convincing the build is and yours passes on all counts!

Thank you Luiz and Paul!

Paul,
The black and white images serve a useful purpose, its a way for me to check if my painting and weathering are within realistic limits. Since most WWII era photographs of aircraft are in black and white its hard to judge if a model has realistic looking paint and weathering so simply converting some images to black and white is an easy way to compare the model against the real thing.
Even some of my pictures of a model in progress I remove the color in the image to check how it will look, better to find out early if the finish is up to snuf so I have a chance to correct it before its too late.

h1e07931.JPG

Matrixone

Back