• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/24 Bf 109 G 10 (Trumpy)

Paulw

Since I hosed up just about everything I put my hand to these past few months I figured why not continue on with the stash to see if I can get SOMETHING completed.

For the past few days I have been fiddling around with the engine some and trying to get some weathering to look authentic.

so that's it for now.

So far so good Paul! (y) It really must be something with the season can't seem to get any motivation myself either. You're doing good! (y)

I finally had some time this evening to do a bit of banging around with the kit. The RB paper belts are nice but some what a pain in 24 let alone 32. I did get most of the lap belts dome some of the ip and most of the deck in the pit.

I think I'll be okay tomorrow to finish the pit and do some to the l.g. since it is spring loaded that will take some serious magnification.

Looks very good Paul ..... nice job on the paint & detail work on the pit motor is very good ..... :eek:ldguy

OK, today I have been busy on the pit and the engine. There are a couple of things I don't like and the most major one is the ignition harness. I need to come up with something else as a replacement.
The second one is the way the ip fits to the rest of the pit sub assembly, they could use some gussets under that part. The final one is my ineptitude at assembling things. I had the fire wall turned around backwards so the lower support strut attachment parts for the engine mount was facing the pit. Any way, I got some stuff done.

I will see if I get farther on this build. I kind of feel something akin to enjoyment but I wouldn't say fun as yet but we will see.

Back