• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dave's Revell 1/32 Ju 88 FINISHED!!!

razordws

Alrighty, you all know the kit.

h3cd065e.jpg

Lots of parts just for the interior.

haa993c1.jpg

I've been working steadily on this thing but it seems to take forever to get anywhere when you only get an hour here and there. The complexity of the cockpit is amazing for a guy that usually builds 1/72 scale. I've made several blunders that needed fixin' because someone didn't study the instructions thoroughly before applying the glue. :bang head However, onward and upward. I'm still picking out details on the interior but I'm inching closer to closing it up soon. I have a few days off before I have to leave for a few weeks before the holidays (Booooo! 😠) and I hope to join the fuse before that happens.

Interior assemblies are proceeding as well as the tail wheel parts. I snipped off the pins that hold the tail wheel in place and drilled holes so that the wheel can be added later.

h73855aa.jpg

A shot of the right side of the cockpit which is almost finished painting. (nothings glued to the fuse yet). Not as sexy without the pre-painted, pre-stickum and gold plated PE set but for a 1/72 scaler oob builder like me it'll more than do.

h20a8443.jpg

A shot of the mock up shows that I will have very little if any filler to deal with.

h6fd4b9c.jpg

OH ya, question for those of you who have this kit. On the decal sheet there is a bunch of dials and thing-a-ma-bobs, #127 to #144, top of the sheet, but I cannot find anything in the instructions that shows where these go! :-? Can anyone help me out here?

Last edited:
Re: Revell 1/32 Ju 88

OH ya, question for those of you who have this kit. On the decal sheet there is a bunch of dials and thing-a-ma-bobs, #127 to #144, top of the sheet, but I cannot find anything in the instructions that shows where these go! :-? Can anyone help me out here?

look at step 46 in the instructions - the decal placements are illustrated in that step ...

have lots of fun with this kit and ... erm ... i wish you a lot of patience with canopy masking! you did a wonderful job so far - your 88 will be a beauty, that's sure!

:popcorn

Hey Dave, nice to see you here. That pit is looking so very cool - the detail is coming up swell. Take it with you on holiday and keep us posted :evil:
Geoff

look at step 46 in the instructions - the decal placements are illustrated in that step ...

:popcorn

Hmmm... nope! It has the colour guide for the instrument panel but not the decal placement. I'll post a pic when I get a chance. Could it be possible they changed the instruction sheet in mid production after noticing the omission?

Geoff: don't think I can stuff this one in a suit case as I'm flying and it's not a vacation. Likely going to be too busy to model.

James: thanks for the encouragement.

Kreighshoer: Here is what I have on the instruction sheet for step 46. Someone I spoke too on another forum says he does not even have these decals on his decal sheet so I'm starting to think that they added these after production had started and some kits didn't get the updated instruction sheets to go with the decals. Can you scan or take a picture of what you have for me?

step46.jpg

Thanks for this info! i have this in my stash but i must check if i have the decals or not.
Nice build you got going there! airplanes is out of my comfortzone but i'm looking forward to start this one :)
//Mats

I recall that the initial run of kits were criticized for not having instrument decal and blank faces on the panel, as well as a lack of underwing bomb racks. It looks like Revell has corrected the former- how about the latter?

Looks like they are letting the Aftermarket companies take care of that one Chuk. Some bombs to go on those racks would be nice too.

That one just puzzles me . How much can a couple of bomb racks possibly cost ? It's such a nice model. I would rather pay the extra buck to have them than to be inconvenienced trying to find some.

What use id a bomber without bomb racks or bombs ? ? ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Greetings David;

Nice cocpit........ I can see she is going to be
a killer..... :mpup

Mike

Wow, Laura has decal instructions (perhaps without the decals) for step 46 and 'razordws' (I wish I had a real name for you) only has paint call outs but does have the decals! What are those people at Revell thinking... or drinking?

Great work on the cockpit for sure, nothing like the small scale ones!

[Edit- I see Geoff, who always signs his name, called you Dave. Now to convince you to place it in your signature as I do!]

Regards,

Your wish is my command Saul! Just hadn't gotten around to it. :snoopy

Mike, thanks for the compliments.

So, now that I know where the kit decals go I have a dilema of what to do with the side panel dials. The kit dials only cover the instrument panel but there are several dials on the side panels with no dials and they look pretty plain.

I went through the few 1/32 kits and decals that I have and scanned whatever dials and placards I could find and printed out a sheet of them so that the side will match the IP.

h2c5212c.jpg

I'm going to have to reduce them and print another sheet because I have a couple of spots that are too small for any of these ones. I've already put a coat of future on them to seal the ink. I just printed them on my ink jet. I also have to repaint the dials faces white as I printed them on clear film and you can't print white unless you have an alps printer. The white paint will show through the clear film.

Nice work on the decals! never used those decalpapers, are they easy to work with?
//Mats

Mats: With a half decent scanner and printer its not hard to make your own decals. It helps to have a good editing program like photoshop to adjust your images too. You do need to seal the ink with future or some other clear coat to keep the ink from running when you soak them in water. Other than that it is just like using normal decals.

The film on this particular decal paper is pretty thick and I don't like to use it on the model exteriors as the thickness is noticeable but for instrument panels it is fine. I need to find some better decal paper one of these days.

Back