• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-105 Thud Wild Weasel

dollar19

This is my entry in Bob's GB over at Swanny's, The Century Series.
It is a 1/72 Monogram kit from back in the 80's. So to keep the ball rolling, as I have so much time on my hands for the next few weeks, I'll try to get this one finished by the dead line.

The kit is basically assembled, so I've started on the weathering of the wheel wells to get a jump on the painting. These will get masked off before the camo gray gets sprayed on the underside. It's easier for me to mask them now, than to go back a fix torn up paint later.

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

In a nutshell.

Oh man, there's a lot of unfinished business on these forums. Frank's going to make us go back and pick these things up.

So Greg, what happened with this?

Oh wow, I never knew about this one. Great pis; thanks for the memories!

Like Bob said, what ever happened to this?

It got finished in that group build. Been sitting in the cabinet for years. If you want I’ll put up a picture or two of it.

Thanks Greg.
Beautiful workmanship.
Love the 105.
Did you use aftermarket gear?
I used the old Aeroclub gear on mine.
h4cd204f.jpg

h1d57f3a.jpg

Thank you for posting finished pictures.
Frank
(y)

Hi Frank, in answer to your question, I used the kits gear. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane. Now I see I have soms major dusting to do.

Back