• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

June Nite

Big10

To the point where I can post some pictures. 77th Fighter Squadron 20th FG flown by Capt. Ernest C Fiebelkorn. No decals at this point, really love my Cameo4.

hb2c9b93.jpg

h4c0d49c.jpg

h5ecc7be.jpg

h6c7a9ab.jpg

Hope all are staying safe during these trying times.

Soon, we're testing the software, today or tomorrow the software will be installed on our web server, it's been on the developer's staging server. John I'm going to say we're within a week, 2 weeks at the latest.

Hey I just noticed the wing panel lines are filled in. Which kit is this and did you fill in the panels?

Hey I just noticed the wing panel lines are filled in. Which kit is this and did you fill in the panels?

It's the Eduard kit. Yes I did fill in the panels, I told myself after the 1st one I was not going to do that again. Well, this is number 3 and I have filled all 3, lol.

Thanks guys.

Luiz and eerains, I use model master aluminum buffing metalizer. (Now discontinued)

I make my own mask and start with the painting of the U.S. insignias and all other major paintings.
IMG_20200322_173147907_HDR.jpg

Once done, I will cover all paint and markings and prime model with a satin black primer from Guenze and dry brush the metalizer onto the paint similar to this one.
IMG_20200119_131220753.jpg

The wings get painted with tamiys LP-9 lacquer paint.

You can seal the metalizer of you want but I have found it will change the luster just enough that I do not apply it. You just have to be carful as you can get the metalizer all over.

That's how I do my NMF.

Back