• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

HA-1109K.1L

RichB

Been beavering away in my little corner of the universe. Starting with a 1/48 Tamiya Bf-109G-6 and adding the SBS Models resin conversion to replace the DB-605 with the Hispano engine results in this unique hybrid.

Hispano Aviacion HA-1109K.1L

Escuadron de Experimentation en Vuelo
Torrejon de Ardoz A.B., Madrid, 1951

hca2a6c2.JPG

hb8541fe.JPG

h07238f5.JPG

ha425b94.JPG

he1d222a.JPG

h21ba016.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

That's a nice looking bit of modeling. The Hispano engine probably didn't give stellar performance but it is a nice looking nose for the 109, much better than the Merlin conversion looks.

Looks very nice Rich!

Have a 1/32 conversion I found for the Merlin engine which is much clunkier. I didn't know much about the earlier conversion but it looks much better.

Yeah Doc, the Spanish had different colors. Green was one of them, then the Merlins were in Battle of Britain Movie colors and an odd sky blue.

Great_Job.gif

Looking very nice . Did it find any use or did they just go with the Buchon ?

I just found some pictures with an interesting paint job .

Cheers, Christian B)

Looking very nice . Did it find any use or did they just go with the Buchon ?

I just found some pictures with an interesting paint job .

Cheers, Christian B)

The Ha-1109K.1L was an unarmed version fitted with the Hispano 12Z-17 engine. There were 25 built and used for training and testing weapons configurations.Once the 2 x 20mm cannons and 8 x 80mm rocket configuration was settled on, they were redesignated HA-1112K.1L and another 40 were built. I believe only the HA-1112M.1L (Merlin engined) saw combat use in Spain's Afircan colonies.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,
Rich

Back