• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri 1/72 Horsa Glider added to my gliders

jeaton01

Just finished the Horsa from Italeri. Fit was pretty good on the major parts but other parts like the landing gear had no locating marks so it was off to the photos, and Italeri would have you put the aileron mass balances on backwards. RC 56 glue for the windows worked well. Paint is Tamiya dark earth and dark green, Model Master for the flat black and the white. The decals from 3 kits were a complete mess so some are from spares and others are from a laser printer. The nose wheel was lengthened with brass tubing and music wire.

0161horsa.jpg

0171horsa.jpg

0181horsa.jpg

0191horsa.jpg

With the Airfix C-47 (as a C-53), Italeri 1/72 CG-4A, and Airlines/Frog Hotspur
0231horsa.jpg

Horsa, CG-4A, and Italeri Me 321 Gigant, with an Academy Dodge ambulance for scale:
0241horsa.jpg

Nice one John!
Everything I’ve read and seen about these gliders makes me wonder how anyone could have climbed aboard them

Thanks, Alex, I've enjoyed your recent posts. Glad to see you back at the bench.

Christian, I do have an Antonov A-7 and a Gribovskii G-11 in the stash. Maybe someday I'll get to them.

I have never seen either one or a Japanese one for that matter . I know they all had something :blush:

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks, Frank.

Christian, according to Rene Francillon's book, during WW II in Japan there were a number of experimental training and troop gliders, but only one that was operational, the Kokusai Ku-8, which was the result of removing the engines and other modifications to the Kokusai Ki-59 twin engine transport.

Back