• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A-36 Apache

Barney

h66d596d.JPG

h7ae09e2.JPG

Well, for months I have been wasting plastic. Testing painting ideas, seems, buffing out mars in the plastic, decals and the dreaded masking the canopy.

I pulled this out today. A good little kit, but fairly easy (i'm all for that part). I picked it up somewhere and it has extra decals.

As I pull my stuff together to begin, i noticed that I had ZERO Tamiya tape, or excellerator for the superglue :hmmm Obviousy, I have not been keeping track of my supply levels. So tomorrow, after a day subbing a bunch of middle schoolers (If I haven't blown my brains out) (JK) I'll track to the nearest hobby store (40 miles away) and pick up a few items; unless they are available on Amazon Prime. :dance

Christmas is Coming! And I am not getting nothin'. My wife indicates that I am difficult to shop for. So, I gave her a list of my 10 top kits. She laughed and laughed and laughed :frantic .

Good to see you at the bench! it looks to be a Kool little kit... :popcorn

..."I gave her a list of my 10 top kits. She laughed and laughed and laughed :frantic .

I did the same thing and got the same response...I just don't understand why they think we are kidding??? :idonno

:v

Obviously Barney has conquered the carpet monster! See how even upside down everything stays on the bench!!

Well at least she didn't mention a lump of coal :D

Getting hard to find now days... :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Something I will pass on with the accelerator, I never use the spritzer. I use a wide flat piece of metal (that is polished) dip it in the bottle, and touch it to the area I want to speed up. The accelerant on the sides of the wide pointy (it has to be at least somewhat pointy) the stuff on the side is usually just enough to flow on to the part I want to speed up. This keeps useage down and gets the accelerant to the spot where I want it.

I need to get one if these kits. Looked on eBay and they are not that bad of a price.

Something I will pass on with the accelerator, I never use the spritzer. I use a wide flat piece of metal (that is polished) dip it in the bottle, and touch it to the area I want to speed up. The accelerant on the sides of the wide pointy (it has to be at least somewhat pointy) the stuff on the side is usually just enough to flow on to the part I want to speed up. This keeps useage down and gets the accelerant to the spot where I want it.

I use a squeeze bottle from TAP Plastics that has a very small syringe needle, lets me put it on one tiny drop at a time.

A good idea, but that stuff literally stinks - I hate it!

Depends on the brand John, I inherited some from my dad and it is the stuff my hobby shop carries. It has almost no smell at all and works a little slower than something like Zip-Kicker. I have had Zip-Kicker cause such a fast reaction that the CA foamed up. Have not ever had it happen with the BSI stuff.

h5d10863.jpg

I have used an old hypo to apply the stuff.... Learned the Very First Time that the spritzer is NOT a good was to apply it. :bang head :bang head

I have some seatbelts on the way... my "finners" are not nimble enough to fashion them out of take etc. :eek:ldguy

Meanwhile, the Closet gets cold so I had to stuff old towels in the window. This is gonna be fun. And, only 2 exterior colors!

Back