• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SoCal AMPS Four Hour Build Challenge

Duke Maddog

At my most recent AMPS meeting we had our annual Four Hour Build Challenge. In this challenge, everyone picks a model they think they can get done in four hours. Hair dryers were provided to speed the drying of paint in order to facilitate things. Any model any scale was allowed, so I chose an ancient blister-packed kit of the Airfix P-51D Mustang. This is the very ancient model that barely resembles a P-51, had no cockpit interior, the decals were quite yellow and it was extremely basic in construction.

After three hours and ten minutes, I had this finished:

US_P-51D_Mustang_Fools_Paradise_I_.jpg

US_P-51D_Mustang_Fools_Paradise_II_.jpg

US_P-51D_Mustang_Fools_Paradise_III_.jpg

It does look like a child did it, and it has tons of flaws, but it was done in three hours which makes me quite happy. I like it.

Thanks for looking in.

Hey neat! I have an absolutely dismal build rate, at 4 hours I’d barely have the box open!

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm glad you like it.

Eric, it is indeed an excellent idea for a fun stress-free day.

Back