Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
"Wesendorf Field"

Park your aircraft at our Tom Wesendorf Memorial Aerodrome and Poolside Lounge. Share your aircraft builds here.

TOPIC: Tamiya P-38F build

Tamiya P-38F build review 19 Nov 2019 06:59 #37

Looks swell, nice job on the intakes. :popcorn
I told you photobucket sucks...

"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tamiya P-38F build review 19 Nov 2019 12:55 #38

Looking really good.

Sorry you had a bad time with paint. I'm sticking with stinky enamel/lacquer paints, the acrylics and I do not see eye to eye.
  • Barney
  • Barney
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander
"Even watching her walk was a liberal education." C.S. Lewis
Last Edit: 19 Nov 2019 12:55 by Barney.

Tamiya P-38F build review 19 Nov 2019 15:06 #39

All these 'hard yards' will pay-off later, Paul... 'doing a great job on this, matey :thumbsup

Ian.
  • ij001
  • ij001
  • Group Captain
    Group Captain

Tamiya P-38F build review 19 Nov 2019 15:25 #40

moon puppy wrote:
Looks swell, nice job on the intakes. :popcorn

Thanks Bob! These are probably going to be the hardest part of the build if you do an out of the box. They are small and tricky, but turned out quite nice with a little care.

Tamiya P-38F build review 19 Nov 2019 15:37 #41

Barney wrote:
Looking really good.

Sorry you had a bad time with paint. I'm sticking with stinky enamel/lacquer paints, the acrylics and I do not see eye to eye.

Hey Barney! Yeah that paint just isn't conducive for the purpose. When it quickly set up in my airbrush that last time I used it, that was it. I really like the Garage Kits USA Colors paints. They work almost like the enamels. While the guy that makes them has been catering to large scale figure painters, he is going to be branching out into paint for military vehicles in the near future. Most of the figures at Wwonderfest are painted with them. They go through the airbrush as smooth as thinned enamels and clean up easily as well. The P-38 is going to get a lot of weathering work using them. He is also looking into doing a replacement for the Testors Dullcoat.

Am also sorry to see you will be passing on San Marcos.

Tamiya P-38F build review 19 Nov 2019 15:45 #42

ij001 wrote:
All these 'hard yards' will pay-off later, Paul... 'doing a great job on this, matey :thumbsup

Ian.

Thanks Ian!

This isn't any more challenging than stuff I have done before. Thursday morning I will be in surgery and should be home in the afternoon. Hopefully all will go smooth and well. I am planning on having 3 days at the bench then so we will see how it all goes. If I can I will touch base thursday evening.

Need to finish cleaning up the gear doors, do some more minor detail work on the landing gear struts and get continuing on. Am thinking I will pull out some defunct watch wheels to do the rivet work as they are smaller than the other wheels I have and could get into the areas around the cockpit on the wing. Have a ton of parts just need to go looking.

Tamiya P-38F build 20 Nov 2019 00:06 #43

Looking so fine, Paul!

Great job, my friend :good

Good lucky in surgery!

Best!

Luiz.
  • lupanzer
  • lupanzer
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms

Tamiya P-38F build 20 Nov 2019 01:28 #44

Thanks Luiz. It is an outpatient surgery so I "should" be home sometime Thursday afternoon. I am sure that I will then spend most of the rest of the day sleeping.

I will tune in though and let you all know how it went.

Tamiya P-38F build 21 Nov 2019 06:17 #45

I am off to surgery this morning everyone. Wish me well on it. Hopefully I will be up to tuning in this afternoon and maybe hitting the bench tomorrow.

Tamiya P-38F build 21 Nov 2019 06:28 #46

Good luck Paul! :zen :mpup

Hank Williams Jr.

Tamiya P-38F build 21 Nov 2019 17:27 #47

Good news it seems all around, I was out of the surgery center by 10:30 or so thi morning. Walking just fine and it seems like I have a smaller incision than last time. (part of the old one is way above the Ace wrapping on my thigh now)

So good news is if I really want to get an old VW bus I could drive it no problem. :yipee ('cause I really would like to get one again eventually)

Also have had no side effects from the antesthetic really either. Only downs are tired and feel like dozing off this afternoon, and I have a small spot that is a bit on the achy side. Got meds for the pain and it is better than I expected to be honest.

Tomorrow (or maybe after a good nap) I will get back on this as it is coming along quite nicely. :thumbsup

Tamiya P-38F build 21 Nov 2019 18:14 #48

Take a good rest Paul, think we're all due one...

Hank Williams Jr.
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds