• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya P-47

Big10

Up next is Tamiya 1/48 P-47 done up as Snortin Bull.

Had a procedure done on my lower back last Wednesday and though I was not gonna be able to work on my models. While I'm still stiff in some areas I can still manage to work on my models, so here are some interior pics.

h70119db.jpg

h839110e.jpg

Very nice . Great color . Glad to see something I can believe in (y)

Hope your back is better soon.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Christian. I really can't bend over to work on tedious seatbelts or cut the PE from the fret. So it gets no seatbelts as of now. Causes too much discomfort.

That instrument panel is looking nice along with the other parts. (y)

I know how back problems can cause trouble, hope you get yours all settled back down so you can enjoy setting at the bench. :zen :zen

I am trying to get a good start on the new Tamiya P-38E. First thing I ran into was the almost featureless instrument panel. I am so used to German aircraft and PE panels that it stalled me right there. Did some research over the weekend and turns out the panel on it was pretty flat and featureless. The instruments mount from behind so there is just a ring around it. So I will go and try at it again in a day or so. It is still too flat with the dials at the same level as the panel, but I will try and go for it. :hmmm

Very nice indeed, as Christian says, so good to see the cockpit in the (correct) darker green. The Tamiya P-47 is one of my favourite kits ever... haven't built one for about three years, must be time to do another but not before Christmas.

Keep the updates coming, matey. :v

Ian.

Thanks all, I forgot how good these Tamiya kits are. Last time I built this kit was 2008. That's too long in my opinion for such a great kit.

Thanks for all the well wishes with my back, hopefully I am on the mend for the better.

Nice cockpit work. Lean over the bench? My don't do is to work too long standing up leaning over the bench. Good for a back episode every time. Good luck with your back issues.

Beautiful!

They need to make adjustable table/benches/workspaces for all us old cripples. :coolio

I have a taller table and an adjustable chair, but it is still a pain, and don't get me talking about spray booth heights!

I hear ya Barny on the paint booth. I need to build a custom stand to bring it up higher.

I had my own bone marrow aspiration injected into my 3 lower disc to see if it will help with ongoing issue i am having. Was not a fun experience i can tell you that much.

Anyway, back to my build. Doing the dry brushing technique again.
haaa7b4c.jpg

hc1d24cc.jpg

hceaabac.jpg

It is an interesting process what you are doing. Are you using a semi flat black base coat?

I am using this stuff thinned with Mr. Color leveling Thinner.
hfc699d4.jpg

Goes on silky smooth and nice satin finish. I found if my surface is too glossy, the dry brushing does not grab too well.

I love the black 1500 Great surffacer . It mixes well with the gray for lighter shades .

I wish the metal colors were more readily available . Nice products .

Watching with interest :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

wow that is so cool!

I was impressed with the interior bits, 'specially the foot pedals and how the paint would be worn, only to see you 'upped'that by using the Mr. Surfacer and the metallizer to produce a great finish!

The only problem with this approach is that you can't mask over the metalizer even after using metalizer sealer. I don't want to use a gloss coat as it will dull the paint some as well. If you don't seal it, it will constantly leave a metallic residue. I probably will not do this again, it's a lot of work to buff larger areas.

Back