• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

C-119 to R4Q conversion

dollar19

ha2d5ebb.jpeg

h5a59980.jpg

ha05cc77.jpg

h5e18557.jpg

h3cfddfa.jpg

h188cfeb.jpg

h963b8e4.jpg

h124c6a1.png

This is gonna take some time but be patient with me update will be forthcoming.

C-119 go figure. :pilot

And you've known this how many years????? :yipee

Glad to see ya Greg, looking forward to this. :mpup

Thanks Bob, it's good to be back. I had to have some surgery last fall to fix some circulation problems in my legs and the Rita went into the hospital for a week. We are both fit as fiddles now but its been a bumpy ride this past year. in the midst of all that my mojo just up and disappeared.

I'm not getting any younger and I figured if I was ever going to get this model built I'd better get er done soon. A buddy in Canada gifted that resin nose piece. Which I've been trying to find for years, and has been the biggest road block for me finishing this. As soon as I dry fitted that together....... bam it was on! :D

Im not going to rush this but I will keep at it till it's done. there's a bit of a back story about this kit and the airplane itself. I'll fill you all in as we go.

Greg they gave me Pletal for my blockage in my legs, took a while to get use to, had every side effect but doing much better now. Hang in there buddy, looking forward to this :popcorn

They put me on Plavix at first but then had me in for a angioplasty. Then put me on Xarelto. After you get used to your piss looking like cherry Koolaide its not so bad.

Enough of an old man crabbing about his meds.

Some little bits of progress to show .
hb9b3e4c.jpg

Even with my opti visor and tri focals this is slow going. those framing lines are very faintly molded. no matter one at a time is all I can do.

h73b6dc6.jpg

The center wing section is now glued in place. i pre painted it because of the amount of masking that will be done at the shoulder. The white of the roof curves back along that panel line so to alleviate masking painting more masking and painting then multiple masking and painting touch ups I hope this will help. We Shall See. There is also a lot of flat black going on the booms and nacelles too.

To answer your question Mike, yeah I'm leaving the raised lines. I'm getting too old to go throught sanding and rescribing. I've pretty much always been an oob guy anyway.

Just a Quick Update>>>>>
I'm moving along rather slowly as usual. Lots of non bench related things going on as there always is during the summer.
I have the windshield masked installed and a couple of coats of white paint shot on the upper half of the fiselage.
h27f1f52.jpg

h36474db.jpg

h20dd01f.jpg

hf3a0f45.jpg

Then I started to play around with the SAC white metal gear struts.
hfb590cd.jpg

after much scraping filing ansd sanding, I came up with this
hd9ea3ae.jpg

hceb2c54.jpg

h9ef9162.jpg

Now for the SWEETEST set of resin wheels!
h1dfd982.jpg

Now to get set up for another round of priming and painting the landing gear and the doors.
hb525b95.jpg

The locator tabs on a couple of the have gotton broken off over the years of moving around and storage in some not too friendly environs. I fixed that by CAing some little brass strips from an old PE fret in place of the tabs. Hopefully it will work.

That all I have for now but I'll do a little bit here and there and update again soon.

Back