• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Roland C.II. It's been a long time !

Plastik Smurff

G'day guy's an gall's it's been well over a year since I have logged in and about the same length of time since I have hit the bench, so it's about time I got back again.
At first I was going to build this in the Pilots an Planes build but I could not find any info to back up the information given by Eduard in the kit .Mind you knowing where to search is not one of my strong points.

This recon plane was said to be flown by Lt.Seibert with the observer Hptm.Pfleger.
h8d28a95.JPG

So I might go with this scheme instead.
h1a4cabb.JPG

I know I don't have to post a start pic here but I need the practice :(
h0982226.JPG

Well after having to replace the bulbs in all my bench lights and then finding that the air reg on my compressor had somehow copped a wack and needed replacing (This is what happens after a year or so of non use) I have managed to get a little done on this.
I must admit I'm surprised at the amount of flash on this kit plus the size of the sprue gates on some of the tiny parts like the joystick wheel. They made for alot of work an tidy up to get them lookin good.

P.E window frames in although it looks bare at the moment there is some Pre painted P.E to go in here.
h315d63a.JPG

Same goes for the cockpit.
h1eec842.JPG

The painted goodies.
h8425916.JPG

Now this little bugger was fun to make the tiny camera unit. :blink
hf327448.JPG

h3ccf675.JPG

h67eaffa.JPG

Slowly getting there,doesn't help when you go looking for a tool that you did own but it has now gone poof. :vmad

A bit more progress.
The interior in an what a fiddly little bugger it was with all the P.E that had to go in,so many tiny leavers on the instrument panel an walls.So much so I forgot to take pic's of the panel. :bang head

h154e3a0.JPG

h30509e3.JPG

Tiny little stays on the landing gear.

h2339592.JPG

Buttoned up an drying.

hb1b8e78.JPG

h7bf2d82.JPG

ha9fedc9.JPG

Next step is to make the guns and their mountings. :frantic

Built the gun's and not very happy with the end result.
This is where more experience with small PE comes to the fore,just trying to get the alignment right while drying :bang head .

h5f5e2fc.JPG

ha19fe57.JPG

Hopefully with some paint they may brush up alright.

Sprayed some color it's a little bright but I will tone it down a tad.

hefad656.JPG

h62c100b.JPG

The spinney thing

hbbab9ab.JPG

Also managed to get the decals on but somehow got some fluid frosting on one wing tip :idonno
The kit sat for 3 days after the gloss coat went on before decaling,it should go with the next clear coat.

h9c19f87.JPG

hf72defa.JPG

Still got the gun's and mirror to throw on.

Sprayed some color it's a little bright but I will tone it down a tad.

hefad656.JPG

h62c100b.JPG

The spinney thing

hbbab9ab.JPG

Also managed to get the decals on but somehow got some fluid frosting on one wing tip :idonno
The kit sat for 3 days after the gloss coat went on before decaling,it should go with the next clear coat.

h9c19f87.JPG

hf72defa.JPG

Still got the gun's and mirror to throw on.

SWEET!

:pilot

Back