• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell Ar-196A3 & HpH Catapult Launcher

Jager

I really enjoyed building this aircraft. It was a bargain too, $35-38 for the kit. It is a big box full of well molded styrene. On the other hand, the HpH Catapult launcher was a bit more of a challenge. The largest challenge was the sled that carries the aircraft. The kit parts were miscast and very flimsy. I did not feel they would support the aircraft securely. I had to duplicate the parts with brass tubing and solder it.
I documented the build on our club's website. The link:
https://www.tulsaipms.org/forum/on-the-bench/1-32-revell-ar-196a3-and-hph-catapult-launcher
Please note that there is more than one page.

Thanks for looking.
Jager
PS: I would have posted pix but they caused the MA website to go into FATAL SERVER problems. The link has the pictures

a27d24_523b2fce0b294234964ab253d8f9a1b3~mv2.webp

Trying to grab your last image, yeah some funky stuff going on in that URL. Seems to work though. I just right click on the image and copy the location. Then put it in our bbcode image link like this.
Code:
[img]https://static.wixstatic.com/media/a27d24_523b2fce0b294234964ab253d8f9a1b3~mv2.png/v1/fill/w_925,h_473,al_c,q_90,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/a27d24_523b2fce0b294234964ab253d8f9a1b3~mv2.webp[/img]
Even if I try to save the image it's coming up with some sort of Web extension.

Wonderful aircraft, if you attach the original image I'm sure it'll show up here.

EDIT by Saul Garcia:
Image above is for troubleshooting. It appeared in one of the IPMS newsletters (Saskatoon)
by Jason McQueen. It took Best Aircraft, Best of Show and Peoples' Choice at Bridgecon 2018.

WOW!!...what an awesome build!
One of the koolist ways to display an aircraft...GREAT JOB!! :good:
:v

Thanks for the help. It is not working for me. The above test image is not my model though. I will wait to see if the weirdness of posting an image gets resolved, then I will attempt to post up a pic.

You know our pal Paul right? Maybe he can help.

What browser are you using?

a27d24_e472fb1070a349c3aae64a33a088cb58~mv2_d_4000_6000_s_4_2.webp

Code:
[img]https://static.wixstatic.com/media/a27d24_e472fb1070a349c3aae64a33a088cb58~mv2_d_4000_6000_s_4_2.jpg/v1/fill/w_925,h_1388,al_c,q_90,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/a27d24_e472fb1070a349c3aae64a33a088cb58~mv2_d_4000_6000_s_4_2.webp[/img]

Hope this one is yours! I like the colors on yours better. :good:

Thanks for your concern Moon Puppy. I did talk to Paul. We came up with nothing. I did a post to our website and all worked well. I have posted previously on MA with no problems. I will attempt tomorrow after the server gets an overnight rest.

Run CCleaner or delete internet cache on your computer. Promise you there's nothing wrong on our side.

Kurt is too modest to tell you that he took top awards at our show last Saturday with that model. I would like to say that I had a lot to do with his awards but that is not the case. When he brought it to a club meeting this past year I knew that it was a winner. I would love to see how it would do in a nationals.

Kurt, I am not sure if this is where your problem lies, but the "Red Box of NO" in the upload in Coppermine can be fixed easily. You just have to do it each session. At least it is a simple fix and I think it has something to do with how Adobe flash works with Google Chrome.

Coppermine_Upload_Problem_1.jpg

Coppermine_Upload_Problem_2.jpg

Coppermine_Upload_Problem_3.jpg

Coppermine_Upload_Problem_4.jpg

Thanks HE for your help. I can get thru this now. I am held up once I get the download into the Album now. Error is that the file is too big.
The photos were taken on my DSLR in raw image mode. I am computer challenged, if the signs were not evident enough. I am attempting to figure out a way to get a smaller image out of my Apple photos.
Once again I thank all those who are taking their modeling time to help me with my rookie posting issue.
Kurt

Thanks HE for your help. I can get thru this now. I am held up once I get the download into the Album now. Error is that the file is too big.
The photos were taken on my DSLR in raw image mode. I am computer challenged, if the signs were not evident enough. I am attempting to figure out a way to get a smaller image out of my Apple photos.
Once again I thank all those who are taking their modeling time to help me with my rookie posting issue.
Kurt

Don't worry about the electronic card dealer stuff you can just stay at your bench and make wonders happen

(y)

Kurt

I would suggest putting the file format to JPG mode on the camera unless there is a reason you need it in RAW format. It will make it a smaller file to begin with.

Then go and find a basic photo editing program for your MAC. Can't reccomend one off hand as I don't use Apple products. Most of what you wil start out with is using the brightness/contrast settings which will enhance the photos and then you can resize them down for internet posting.

Always save the photo to a new name before editing "just in case". Once you start, it won't be long and it will take just a minute or two to tweak your photos for posting.

Kurt

I would suggest putting the file format to JPG mode on the camera unless there is a reason you need it in RAW format. It will make it a smaller file to begin with.

Then go and find a basic photo editing program for your MAC. Can't reccomend one off hand as I don't use Apple products. Most of what you wil start out with is using the brightness/contrast settings which will enhance the photos and then you can resize them down for internet posting.

Always save the photo to a new name before editing "just in case". Once you start, it won't be long and it will take just a minute or two to tweak your photos for posting.

Sorry this is holding you up Kurt. The Pauls have good suggestions for you. Keep in mind that we have a 2048K file size limit, 1280 width limit and the following formats are allowed jpeg/jpg/png/gif.

beautiful job on this Kurt! I really like your choice of the full hellblau colour and the catapult makes for a really nice addition to the display!

:drinks (y)

Back