• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Dewoitine D.520 1/72

Flyingbabydoc

Hello friends,

The thirst for new models has to be quenched. I am on a "French mood" lately so here is a nice Little gem, a Dewoitine D.520 from the L' Armée de l'air du Armistice or Vichy Air Force in 1942, Pilot Capt. Ozanne.

This is the nice Hasegawa 1/72 with Details from the Polish Firm Detail Set. These are actually very good although not as maleable as the Eduard PE. Also you MUST use base Color to get anything painted, and still it doesn't stick that much.

I am still trying to thin things down as much as I can but still Long ways to go. In any case it is a lot of fun to work with These Minute Details.

Cheers

Alex

hbab14c0_2019-02-10.JPG

haad0b56_2019-02-10.JPG

ha8fbaef_2019-02-10.JPG

hd4b7320_2019-02-10.JPG

h6e5e23c_2019-02-10.JPG

h2dd83a0_2019-02-10.JPG

hb0f9b4b_2019-02-10.JPG

hafd396c_2019-02-10.JPG

h6348558_2019-02-10.JPG

Wow, that thing is really tiny, even with a microscope my shaky hands would make a mess of it, I'll probably struggle building the 1/32 kit I have. Looking great so far, keep up the good work !

A bucket of nifty detail in a thimble size model. It's good to see you back at play! :good:

Thank you all. It is good to be back.

I really enjoy this fine Detail work. Actually I am looking Forward to the March Madness campaign. Is it going on this year?

I have another one on the Pipeline, same era, same Detail: a Morane-Saulnier MS. 406C-1 from the Battle of France in 1940. But let's finish this one first.

Cheers and talk to you soon...

Alex

Ah , zee French ! That calls for more wine :drinks

Good start Alex . Who is this detail firm you speak of ? :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

Uh, yeah, no offense but pictures of YOU on the beach ain't what I had in mind. :smack

I may have been married for 26 years but that don't mean I can't appreciate the scenery (When Cindy ain't looking) :D :mpup

Uh, yeah, no offense but pictures of YOU on the beach ain't what I had in mind. :smack

I may have been married for 26 years but that don't mean I can't appreciate the scenery (When Cindy ain't looking) :D :mpup

LOL
:D

The other ones are censored. Wouldn’t want to get this website in trouble.
Mind you, I was on the beach with Katia and Enzo, so I also had limited pay-per-view access...

:laugh:

LOL
:D

The other ones are censored. Wouldn’t want to get this website in trouble.
Mind you, I was on the beach with Katia and Enzo, so I also had limited pay-per-view access...

:laugh:

:rotf :rotf :rotf

Hi friends,

Now that we got Bob's mind out of the Brazilian beauties it's time to Show the Progress on the Little Dewoitine. Actually going well at least all fits. The Initial Vichy markings (yellow rudder and engine) are set let's hope the decals are not too old like most of These French Hasegawa models.

The pics.

Cheers and happy Valentine's day everyone!

Alex

hbbf34f9.JPG

h5054b02.JPG

h23c6276.JPG

hf40034b.JPG

This looks excellent so far. Nice work Doc! I am at a loss as to why this Thread deviated to Moon Pup looking at babes on the beach. There seems to be no mention of a beach anywhere before that. I almost ogt whiplash trying to follow that direction there....

Looking forward to seeing more soon.

Hi guys

Sorry I haven't replied sooner. You are very Kind, much appreciated!

The Detail set is Polish from a Company called "Part" and distributed by Jadar-Model, Article number S72-042. The Website is www.jadarhobby.com.pl.

It is a bit "crude" but at the end very nice to work with!

I will be using it again in the MMM 2019 campaign. I can only recommend.

To cut the Story short here is the completed model. Still not quite what I wanted but it is getting better IMHO.

Cheers

Alex

h573612f.JPG

h44ecbf4.JPG

he2d55ae.JPG

hb5eb06e.JPG

h2717c8f.JPG

h812395a.JPG

hda57c56.JPG

h3d7db83.JPG

h573612f.JPG

(y) Nice and bright :coolio Congratulations .

I have seen their kits before but not recently . Thanks for the reminder .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back