• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Final Aircraft for 2018

Duke Maddog

As promised, here's "Old Burnt Face" finally off the Shelf of Doom. After three years, I just did what I had to do to finish this up.

This is the ancient Monogram 1/72 scale Boeing 737 done up in United Airlines livery:

Civilian_Boeing_737_Airliner_I.jpg

Civilian_Boeing_737_Airliner_II.jpg

Civilian_Boeing_737_Airliner_III.jpg

You can see the wrinkled decals somewhat in the second pic. This is an excellent five-foot model!

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

I like it!

You have to give it a really weathered desert-boneyard finish to disguise any of those decal shortcomings! Lots of dirt and chips. :lol:

Good on ya for getting it off the shelf of doom! Is it going on a display shelf or hanging up?

Thanks Captain Cook! Eventually this will join the holding pattern on my ceiling. Although, I might consider using this as a practice model for just the type of boneyard weathering you're talking about.... :hmmm

Thanks Frank! It does look good in the pics. And yes, I'm glad I got it off the shelf of doom.

Back