• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mr.Tim finishes another one (FineMolds Judy)

nsmekanik

I think I bought this thing when it was first released, Scalemates :eek:ldguy

I got into it fairly quickly and things went alright,
IMG_2554_zpskgcypjtc.jpg

Then I decided to try a new technique, which didn't go so well..... :frantic
IMG_5036_zps97usixrj.jpg

IMG_5041_zps9vev6fst.jpg

I got about this far in cleaning up that mess
IMG_5118_zpsgglvf2rd.jpg

And then it went back into the box for a very very long time....... :beer
Fast forward a few years(decades)
IMG_1363_zpsrxyspeb2.jpg

IMG_1365_zpsj372bzmo.jpg
IMG_1366_zpsdy3taahf.jpg

IMG_1390_zpsqastcyxm.jpg

IMG_1417_zpsxrrbbuf1.jpg

And the finished product :D
IMG_1436_zps0ejktzt0.jpg

IMG_1437_zpslqvmlqzy.jpg

IMG_1438_zpsnvhliu5r.jpg

Although I've got a few on the go this is the 1st 1/48 kit I've finished in a long long time and I am quite pleased with how it turned out all things considered.
:drinks

That's swell!
What was the new technique that didn't go so well? What technique did you end up with?

Very nice outcome Tim. (y) Looks like you could easily have gone with a surrender them at one time.

Cheers, Christian B)

Very nice ! (y) I have one to do and hope it turns out that nice. I would never even consider striping a model I'm sure I would do permanent damage if I tried.

Thanks Guys :D

That's swell!
What was the new technique that didn't go so well? What technique did you end up with?

One of those new fangled chipping techniques......using Tamiya over Floquil Old silver, bad combination, well for me anyway :java

In the end I just used a paint brush which worked kinda Ok but I do need to learn some technique with the chipping as I'm not that good at it

Very nice ! (y) I have one to do and hope it turns out that nice. I would never even consider striping a model I'm sure I would do permanent damage if I tried.

The nice thing about Tamiya/Gunze is that good ole rubbing alcohol eats them as good as Lacquer thinner, and doesn't hurt the plastic, just some QTips and Kleenex dipped in the Alcohol and a bit of scrubbing.......OK, in this case, a lot of scrubbing as at that point in time I was still a bit of an airbrush newbie and the paint was a touch on the thick side :smack

The nice thing about Tamiya/Gunze is that good ole rubbing alcohol eats them as good as Lacquer thinner, and doesn't hurt the plastic, just some QTips and Kleenex dipped in the Alcohol and a bit of scrubbing.......OK, in this case, a lot of scrubbing as at that point in time I was still a bit of an airbrush newbie and the paint was a touch on the thick side :smack

You'd be surprised at how easily you can strip a model. So many things work (1 % alcohol , Windex , Tamiya or Gunze lacquer thinners and a square tip brush :idonno
Congratulations to you for doing it. Most people I know just make frowny faces when I mention it :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Nice to see you building Tim. The Judy looks great! (y)

I see some truck thingies on your desk too. What kits are they?

Thanks guys :D

I see some truck thingies on your desk too. What kits are they?

They are the UM GAZ AAA and the IBG Diamond T wrecker, which is a nice but fiddly thing to put together and typically with the wheels the inside duals are perfect where as the others have a bit of crud in the rim openings :vmad

Back