• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Scratchaeronautics Casa 235M

chrispisme

cracked open the kits box last week, cleaned up most of the parts...that should say removed the pour blocks from the parts, cleaning is still in progress. began building this past weekend.
h67e25f9.JPG

hf4f88ec.JPG

h0c2e9c3.JPG

h8be62ca.JPG

h1ff13f5.JPG

ha660fab.JPG

hf5d54c4.JPG

thanks for looking in on me.
I noted during mock-up an anhedral angle on the wings with a crown to the top of the center section that should be flat, causing the anhedral. By the looking at images of the real aircraft on the web the wing should be flat on the top with the bottom of the wing narrowing in thickness from outboard of the nacelle to the wing tip...a bit of sanding then.

Is it incorrect or just warped a little bit Chris. I had a number of kits where the wings (resin and plastic) end up with incorrect dihedral and need to be heated and adjusted.

Thanks for looking and commenting, by pulling the top of the fuselage down to flatten the top of the wing, the fuselage bulged in towards the joining half, I shaved the area and got a fairly uniform fit. Although if the CA. ever lets go there’ll be an explosion of parts everywhere.
I do have a bit of pressure on it.
Shark, I like the kit, I bought the Casa 295 at the same time as this kit but it looks like an improved casting, perhaps the 235 was an early product and he’s learned and changed methods since then?
I pre-orderd his upcoming ATR 72 kits as well.
There are a few short shot bits and some bubbles here and there but, when you want a certain subject you work with what you can get...
For my part, I’m happy with it

Thank you!
A bit more work tonight...a bit of a job but I've had worse (so far)
the first picture shows the sloped roof I needed to eliminate (now done)
hb74039d.JPG

wing root joint at the fuselage too thick
hcceeaf2.JPG

wing root trimmed
hdce722a.JPG

he192bf4.JPG

hc5d067c.JPG

h91b454b.JPG

Hi, thanks for the encouragement.
I've had clouds of dust going tonight, after 3 hours work some progress is apparent, the fitting of the tail cone and test fitting of the vertical stab.
It's beginning to look promising.
h1403242.JPG

h3f28e2d.JPG

h9e97c8a.JPG

h4527c38.JPG

Thanks. I'll give you the performance specs on it...
square plastic stock? check
Tamiya tape? check
tape square plastic stock to model, glue everything everywhere...sand like crazy, repeat.

more work done today, a misalignment straightened out and the lower cargo door fitted, the upper? not so much...big job that upper door!
h96614e6.JPG

h7f8d61f.JPG

hfaf17f3.JPG

h0dc18d9.JPG

heb35551.JPG

Back