• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This years' Christmas Build **DONE**

ij001

Every year, about ten days before Christmas I clear the bench and open a virgin kit - (last year it was two, a 'What If' Supra and a Miura) - this year something I have done before, but in 1:48..

hed29510.jpg

This time, it'll be 1:32. :pilot

Stay tuned.

Ian.

This years' Christmas Build

Sweet. Look forward to watching you work your magic on this one.

I resisted the urge to pick up another Bf on sale yesterday (Eduard weekend edition) because I already have 2 in the stash. :S

So new, it was still in its' transport box when I cracked it open yesterday !

ha407b02.jpg

First look is quite a shock. LOTS of etch included, plus full engine and wing guns with very odd transparent underwing access hatches ( :idonno ). Very nice looking cockpit straight from the box, but I'll still use the Eduard IP and some other bits. Really like the full radio rack for inside the fuselage with removable access hatch. Not sure how much will be visible but I'll build it up anyways.

Stay tuned.

Ian.

Hmmm , another pointy nose Emil. :popcorn Let's see what Trumpeter has.

Cheers, Christian B)

Some self-explanatory progress pics for y'all:

he2c102f.jpg

h54a9068.jpg

hd0e6f36.jpg

he210896.jpg

h1b4f048.jpg

h054d319.jpg

Trumpeters etch is very thick, much more 'heavy duty' than Eduards, but I sort of like it. Still need to add the rudder pedals into the pit and the gunsight on to the IP, but otherwise the internals are done - not going to be doing any more than the absolute minimum to the engine, just enough to mount the prop & spinner.

More soon

Ian.

Test fits were good, no worries:

h3659e9a.jpg

hb0758ab.jpg

h533f10d.jpg

hbd12d22.jpg

h3599086.jpg

Hopefully get it buttoned-up tomorrow, or maybe even this evening :idonno

Thanks for looking

Ian.

75% of the basic construction done as of this morning:

hdede9db.jpg

h55d2842.jpg

h96f06ee.jpg

More very soon, don't touch that dial :smack

Ian.

Christmas Eve (well, it is here), and we're just about ready for primer:

h57cdfde.jpg

hd717a04.jpg

h87294e9.jpg

h85c0b49.jpg

Very best from all of my wee family to all MA'ers and families. Have a great Christmas y'all...

Ian.

Merry Christmas, Ian and a glorious new year to you and yours. One question I have is about the wind screen. Several of the Trumpeter kits (24 scale 109 kits in general) have had an ill fitting wind screens. Did you have any difficulty with this one?

The front and rear are perfect fit, the centre section needed a little attention from a sanding stick, but snuggled-in nicely.

Ian.

It is looking good Ian!

A Merry Christmas to you and yours as well! May you also have a wonderful New Years!

Back