• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Aircraft From the Duke.

Duke Maddog

This is the Saunders Roe S.R 53 experimental aircraft I started for the four-hour build night at my AMPS club. Any model could be done for this and I though this low-parts-count model would be easy. It wasn't, especially when it came to the decals. Anyway, it is done now; at least done enough for me.

Airfix Saunders Roe S.R-53 experimental aircraft in 1/72 scale:

British_SR-53_Experimental_Aircraft_I.jpg

British_SR-53_Experimental_Aircraft_II.jpg

British_SR-53_Experimental_Aircraft_III.jpg

Thanks all for looking in. Enjoy.

Thanks guys for all the great comments!

Jeaton, I agree. I think it would only be surpassed by the F-15 Eagle's cat climb.

Bold decision to build the rarest of all Airfix 1/72 model kits! I sold my bagged version of this model for $88.00 on-line recently.
Surely there is gnashing of teeth and rending of clothing among vintage kit collectors this Day.
Bravo Mark!

Thank you Rhino! I picked this bagged kit up at a Brewer Bros. swap meet for a buck. The top paper holding the bag shut was quite shot; water damaged and torn a little. The decals surprisingly worked, yet still curled mercilessly. I needed considerable coat so micro sol to lay them down.

I have a couple other bagged kits: one of an O-2 Skymaster in the original bag. Now if I could only find a collector willing to pay those stupid prices so I could actually have money..... :idonno :facepalm

Back