• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meteor F.8

jknaus

Administrator
Starting to slow down with the tanks so taking a breather. started a HK 1/32 Meteor F.4 with Fischer's conversion to make a F.8. I have Zozt decals coming but Chris likes the one conversion markings with the white tail and zig zags. Not sure which I will do yet. Syrian (my original plan), Israeli, or 615Sqn RAux RAF

hd614dfe.JPG

h1128d1c.JPG

ha4983a0.JPG

hbaabcbc.jpg

hf9e7424.jpg

Got the tail and nose cut off and have taped the new nose and tail on. The tail will require some filler I think. Anyways that is what I have done today.
James

Looking forward to seeing this one built. (y) I have one but really wanted an F3 in this scale. I have an F3 in 1/48 so I may just add this kit to an ever growing stack of kits I need to dispose of.

Looking forward to seeing this one built. (y) I have one but really wanted an F3 in this scale. I have an F3 in 1/48 so I may just add this kit to an ever growing stack of kits I need to dispose of.
I would like an F.3 also to do one that was used in Canada for trials. I may just go for the T.7 conversion though. The RAF lent 2 F.3s and 1 T.7 to Canada to trial but in the end we got Vampires instead.
James

Pull it out then Chris :)
James

Not possible James . I have the F-3 but quite frankly I would like something with the larger nacelles and the blown canopy .
According to the history some were made but I don't have the necessary kit parts to kit bash it . Don't quite want to build the F-8 .

I really need to tie up some of the loose threads sitting on my desk partially done while I look for parts . Some good pictures would also be helpful.

I'll watch yours
go together for now (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Not a lot of progress after the initial cutting. Been a rough week for me. But I am working on the cockpit. I looked all over for ref pics of the ammo bay with little luck. Finally I asked the best researcher I know and it was decided that it was black like the cockpit. Well reading the instructions from Fisher he said RAF interior grey green. I decided I would do that right or wrong just because it added a bit of colour. Chris gave me a mixture for Tamaya and I got the paint yesterday. I painted late last night. Now the cockpit needs stuff picked out. I did it in NATO Black as it looked the most interesting to me from other builds I have looked at. I did the seat in Tamiya Rattle can black. And I am picking out boxes and panels in AoM satin black. Throttles done in RAF interior and then red knobs. Still a ways to go but figured I should show some progress.

h7ced3a6.JPG

h01ef68d.JPG

James

Just in case someone is going to ask about the plastic wrap on the pallets, it is easier to throw away a sheet of plastic wrap than wash out dried on paint. So I covered them in a sheet and then used my thumb to make and indentation. Aluminum foil would work as well. Easy peasy.
James

Back