• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Hasegawa P-40E Finished

fightnjoe

Well it has been a while.

One of my current projects.

BholQjl.jpg

Joe

1/32 Hasegawa P-40E

My plan with this build is to just go the way it takes me.

First up is I do actually plan to use some after market.

YAmnYox.jpg

Some initial images.

LLMSQ7J.jpg

yt8Cs1N.jpg

And then I let the voices guide me.

8ojyKQK.jpg

ereGSjh.jpg

ZiS26nt.jpg

cXJy7vZ.jpg

7AAJ7uG.jpg

Even a little off the wing.

aJ3HMJG.jpg

5jyVZXj.jpg

Overall there are some things I am not happy with and some I am. Happy with the work in the cockpit so far. The detail seems to resemble the pictures I have. I am however still not sold on the frames. The kit is the Grey.

All comments, critique, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

1/32 Hasegawa P-40E

...and I was missing your amazing projects, Joe :good: ... welcome back :drinks

Luiz.

1/32 Hasegawa P-40E Interior Update

Just a quick update to this point.

Work on the Hasegawa 1/32 P-40E continues with the mocking up of the engine, firewall, and instrument panel. This is just roughed but the radio equipment will be placed this way in the end. Much still has to be done. Wiring, plumbing, and assorted smaller parts need to be fashioned yet.

For this update however the engine received a bit of detail work.

CXk8wQI.jpg

A bit on the firewall and the rear of the instrument panel. Much more needs to happen here.

32PgIzU.jpg

And finally the mock up.

BVHvNPh.jpg

rE62WLL.jpg

Moving slowly towards the moment I can spray some color.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Fantastic! since you didn't contact me about references, I take it you have all you need? I have parts catalogues for all the marks now and they could be helpful as guides or templates.

Regards,

My friend I am not sure I have all I need but I do have enough to move forward. The parts catalogues.....hmmmm.....may have to rethink.

Joe

1/32 Hasegawa P-40E A Little Paint

Well folks time for another update.

This time with a little color.

Now before I get into that let me set the background a bit. Trying to avoid the overspray into the sections that have been cut open I plan to get the exterior of at least the cut side painted. I also need to do this prior to installing some of the bits and pieces.

So with that in mind here we go. The over all interior had been painted with Stynlrez Metal primer. Once dry Model Master Acrylic Zinc Chromate has been sprayed into the area to the rear of the cockpit. Model Master Interior Green is sprayed into the cockpit area and the engine area is left with the Metal primer. In the photos you will notice I did begin placing some of the easier detail parts.

6c3rPMT.jpg

jSLrJ0X.jpg

mgaxMUd.jpg

Next up is the exterior. First was a coat of Stynlrez Black Primer. Over this using the Badger Extreme 105 I spray the same Zinc Chromate. Now at this point let me tell you that I truly hate Model Master Acrylics. I have had zero luck getting them to spray decent. This time was no different.

a9hF9tw.jpg

a0OOAcY.jpg

I am hoping that by doing this layer and then spraying light coats of the top colors I can give the aircraft a faded look with just a hint of the primer coat underneath.

Now as a bonus for this post I can also show the painted engine.

ghwPUpI.jpg

sCjfRoq.jpg

So with this being to this point now I can concentrate on the exterior and get that out of the way. I believe I will get it all painted as then I will not have to try to get the same mixtures.

As always all comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

1/32 Hasegawa P-40E A Little Paint

Beautiful... nay, simply amazing work! I just couldn’t do that level of finesse in detailing!
I do however feel your pain with modelmaster acrylics. I did a Bf 110G night fighter, used modelmaster acrylics (I did know better) and after a disaster and repaint, I bit the bullet and threw out all 30 bottles I had of MMA paints, just to avoid the temptation to try them “just one more time”
Carry on! It’s going wonderfully

Back