• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeters 1/32 Stringbag

Paulw

The 32 X-15 turned out to be a bust so I thought that I would try this thing. Trumpeter 1/32 Swordfish Mk I.

So far (I did some work on the engine because I am waiting for the seat belts to come in the mail and that would be the only thing that will hold me back. So I am working on some other sub assemblies. I decided to go with Bob L's pastels so in doing the exhaust assembly I mixed up some red, dark brown and some sun shine yellow. and came up with a dark red brown that looked good on application. as it sits now that it has dried it looks a bit dark to me but I doubt that it will be visible once the cowling is on.

the intake system get some silver and some dark brown pastels and is installed.

I put the push rod assembly on the front and that is about as far as I got tonight.

More later.

I was able to get some bench time in today and I am still at it a bit. First thing done was the engine is completed and ready for installation into the cowling which I finished sort of.

I painted the cowling sky and a mix of copper and brass with a touch of red for the collector ring. It is going to be some what of a tight fit but with some sanding here and there Ill get it to slide right in.

My belts should be in this coming week some time and then I can really button up the pit. With a really incomplete interior and ip pe set I got some of the pit done but there is more to come. the top deck has a bunch more that I will do weathering wise and I still have some assembly to do as well. I apologize for the poor pics but my lighting here really suffers.

Ill be able to get everything done soon and give the paint sufficient enough time to cure before I get after it with the pastels. Cheers
Paul

Looking good Paul!
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Cool Paul . It's going to be interesting to see how it compares to the 1/48 Tamyia version.

Cheers Christian B)

I finally got the belts in today and as soon as I could I put them in according to Eduard's directions. The directions did not include how to put in the gunner's belts so I just winged it and they look OK to me. prior to that I laid down paint on the wings and started trying to fit the cross braces in the wing assembly. I haven't got there yet but I think Ill get that under control tomorrow.

Not much to see today but maybe tomorrow I'll have some progress pics ready.
Cheers

Paul

I have been having difficulties with the kits pe flying wire. It is hard as brick bat to cut for me and I dont want to shelve this build. I began looking for a suitable replacement and I found that RB productions has a British flying wire kit with pe turn buckles. It comes in two sized. 2 BA and 4 BA. It has 48 wires that are about 7 1/2 inches long. I'll have to wait until next month to get the set but the one question that I have is what size would be the most correct?

Back