• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Junkers Ju 88 G-6

Paulw

After the 110 was done I felt the need for something a bit on the simpler side so I ordered two kits from the Brothers of Sprue on Tuesday when they had an additional 20% off on almost everything they had in stock. I chose the Hasegawa 1/72 B-24J that I am planning to build it as a Liberator Mk VI from 110 squadron of Coastal Command. However, for the simpler build I chose the Zvezda 1/72 Ju 88 G-6.

Since the 88 only has two sprues I thought that this would be the obvious choice for a more simple build and I think I'll save the Liberator for later.

I also ordered a set of masks for both kits and a resin vertical stab for the 88 up date. The resin corrects the really small size of the stabilizer. Looking at the frame work of the canopy it appears to be a bit clunky and over sized to me but then this is a 72 scale kit and if that is all thats wrong with this kit I think I can cope with that.

The color call outs in the instruction sheet simply call the paint choices as light brown or dark gray etc,etc. so that leaves me with some artistic license. I am not going to fret over this kit too much because it is supposed to be a fun non intense build so Ill get on it tomorrow or maybe later tonight.

Cheers

This kit is gong together like a week end build but I don't think I am going to push it that far. Maybe by Thursday this will be done. Eight pieces in the pit and all the sub assemblies are just one or two parts. I put on the resin rudder and you can really see the size difference.

I did have an issue with the fuse. There was a significant step that needed sanding down a bit and then some filler but I got that done no other problems.

So, after the gear wells went together threw the wings on and it mostly looks like an 88.

Dear Paul.

Very nice start...if you need, I assembly this model a few months ago, please see it here:

https://modelersalliance.org/forum/micro-model-month-iv/153715-ju-88-g6-a-heavy-night-figther-just-finished

GOOD lucky my friend!

Luiz.

I got this thing mostly assembled and painted for the exception of the mottling. There are some really tiny stuff here but I think I have most of it taken care of. The cabin gun will be put it towards the end of the project along with antennas and such.

Wow, that's been a quick build.

Looking good!
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Thanks, all. I am just throwing this together, something I don't want to think too much about. I am not really caring about gaps etc,etc. It's just something to get a bit of a builders break on.

assembly and decals done and I can now move this off of the bench. Like I said I wasn't pressured to do any kind of job that was outstanding so there are some things that weren't done. I just wanted to do something quick and easy weather I finished painting it or not. Thanks for looking in.

Back